Sunday, February 9, 2014

A good and sweet Sunday

I am home in Bakersfield, on a Sunday morning.
Simona will be leaving soon on her way to Madison Wisconsin, she will be gone for a couple of days. She has a meeting to attend
At home we have Anna, Simona's mom, taking care of the broccoli. I talked to them earlier this morning as Simona was leaving on her way to LAX
I did my recyclable, helped out Coletta with all the other units recyclable. We went down the road next to Trader Joe's 
Coletta came with me, since nobody else did came today we were only the two of us. I like being helpful to the CNS personnel. I like giving back what I am receiving from the CNS as an organization.
I am cooking chicken broth right now, I like cooking as much possible as I can. I am  normally a good Chef, I read the Michelin Book about the best restaurant but there is no mention about my little restaurant in Bakersfield
It is probably to small to appear in any book, this is fine. I  wish my family in Italy, my wife and Sarah my case manager were able soon or later to come to eat with me. I know that Sarah is busy with her husband and kiddos, so I think Simona and my family are left.

I will hear from Simona on Tuesday since she is going to give a seminar to Madison University in Wisconsins
I remember Manolo del Rio - a friend of us in Grenoble France (do you remember him Simona ?) did his PhD at Madison, Wisconsins
Well the boys are at home with Anna, my mother in law-Simona's mom. Anna is really helpful with our family. She helps the kids with their homework and home activities and keep them well attended. More importantly she is backing up Simona while she is on travel.
Simona has a very demanding job as she is Assistant Professor of Environmental Science and Engineering at California Institute of Technology  (http://www.gps.caltech.edu/~bordoni/)
For the past two years Simona has been the head of our family since I am a stroke patient.
My injury is an acquired TBI ( Traumatic Brain Injury) as I was born, back in Italy, with a malformation to my head. I think more about me covers the topic for another post.
Anyway I was talking about my family. We have two children: Chicco is 8 years old and Lapo is 5 years old.
Chicco attends III grades with very good results and Lapo is in Pre-K
the boys (we call our children the boys or the broccoli) are really sweet and good little people
They do a lot of activities, for instance yesterday Chicco went to Tennis and then with Lapo he went to swimming at the Rose-bowl. Today is a rest day for everybody except for Simona.
I love dearly my wife and my family and I am grateful for everything that she has accomplished in life. Simona is a beautiful and splendid person. I am very lucky that she is my wife.

I hope you enjoy this post and will inspire you to move on in life
I am grateful for being able to work on this matter
Have a great day!

Be careful as the Leprechaun here in Bakersfield is alive and is very active all around the complex :)

Best Regards
Giuseppe

No comments:

Post a Comment