Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Tuesday July 11

It is above 100 F outside and the CNS units are not provided with a chest of cold water.

 I am inclined to think that CNS does not care at all about its patients. So in order to be clear during my lunch I called again Anna at the reception to reiterate the importance of water. We will see how they decide to play it today.
I bet they will come with one or two cold water bottle...

No comment poor job CNS.

 I have no words to describe how much I feel you are taking advantage of everybody around.

Move on,  I sent this letter to my mother in Italy. It is 4 stamps to mail it over there from US.



Obviously whenever I am writing to her it is in Italian my own mother language.

It will take 20 days to reach her. Sometimes it take up to a whole month.



My mother told me that it has become an ordeal  sending  a mail letter to US from Italy.

First the traditional  stamps showing the amount of money  have been replaced with new ones. They are  now  using letters of the alphabet  rather than the amount of money for the face value of the stamps.

So each mailing area requires to buy a stamp with the associated  alphabet letter.

The trick is that to get to some hard to go place one has to combine multiple stamps hence multiple letters.

For the US however only certain central mail service are allowed to sell the new  stamp.

Pretty convoluted if you ask what I think.

Anyway I  made time to write a letter to my boys.

For the boys  the letter is written in English and block letter. They are used to read it this way.



I am collecting all letters in my apartment for when they will come to visit me in a future 

I have several thick envelopes for them.

I also have a little glass blown ornament that my Nurse brought me back from her trip to  the Niagara Falls. The curious feature is that she purchased it at a place called Rossi's glass. 

Rossi is my family name. I suppose this is what attracted her attention.

When the boys will be coming back they are going to be busy.

So far only our eldest  Chicco is spending time reading my letters.

Our youngest Lapo has not  shown yet any interest for it. 

Nevertheless I am writing my letter addressing the whole family: my wife and both our kids.

Yesterday I did not go to the gym  I had been busy otherwise.

Beside I am taking a break from the gym to see how my back and piriformis muscle will be healing 

I made some good trofie pasta with my own tomato sauce

Here is the sugo for the Trofie pasta.

This is a well proven recipe  for me . I am always tweaking it to make it better.

It all starts with making the soffritto with  a few smashed garlic gloves.


I finely chopped a few celery stalks, a large carrot and a couple of ripe Heirloom tomatoes.
Here they are presented in three different containers.


I set up two cooking pots
\

On the left he large one with lower rim was used for the sauce. 
I adjusted the sauce's flavor  with a piece of bouillon cube and red pepper flakes.



On the right the  larger one with a high water capacity   was used to cook the Trofie pasta. 
A lot of boiling water for the pasta. 

Before pouring  the trofie colore pasta I  added  a couple of pinches of pyramid salt.


Both the sauce and the pasta cooked gently


 I made sure the pasta was cooked al dente before draining  it from the hot water.

I do not like  overcooked pasta of course.

I drained the pasta and tossed it inside the pot of the cooked sauce. 


I mixed it  carefully with a wooden spatula.
I added Parmesan cheese, crumble Feta cheese and raw Olive Oil

Here is the trofie with the sauce and the cheese.




I stirred all together and voila.

A very healthy dinner is ready.

I had my wonderful pasta for dinner. 

It is about half a pound of pasta.
It is too much for one time.

  I made sure to partition it  for the next following days.

Obviously I am not going to eat half a pound of trofie pasta at once.

Even for me it would be excessive. 

So no gym it  was fine like that. 

As mention my piriformis muscle and my shunt are both grateful for me to take care of it first by conceding  a break.

I got ready for the evening by cleaning the kitchen and cleaning myself for the night.

I slept well and that is it.

I woke up no headache and made my very own breakfast


No newspaper at the kiosk I went to the Swain Center or as I call it the Shack. 


This is really a square building with a few windows and nothing more. In this aspect it is a real shack 


Just large tables in it, a faucet for water and several chairs. No restroom in it either.

Nothing of nothing. Apparently for CNS  it does not matter. 

It is supposed to be the best rehab in the Nation... I do not want to see the worst ones in the nation.

I mean it is a stripped down place with no whatsoever equipment. 
Pretty boring and  rather intolerable to me to be confined in this place.
Finally I understand, it feels like a real prison ... a prison from  which there is no escape.

I feel  free to repeat myself  and to say it ad nauseam  I do not like it. I have done nothing to deserve it. I do not care about the others. I am not deserving it. Full stop.

It is hard for me to accepts the few moments I am spending there reading the newspaper loud for the ones that are not lessening otherwise... because you have to overcome to cacophony  of that place.

 (def of cacophony : a harsh, discordant mixture of sounds)

 As already mentioned to you this  word cacophony comes from the Greek word Cacos and Phonos combined together. And it means bad sounds.

Yes too intellectual for the common person to understand the etymology of this word.


Here at HH I have learned to eat my lunch quickly at my desk and to avoid all the environment that I not find agreeable to me.

Everybody here stays in its own office and eats inside only the kids are downstairs.

I am gobble  my food up  during lunch ...

So much unhealthy but yet so much necessary for my own quiet living.

I eat peacefully only two meals: breakfast and dinner.

Or the reality is that at CNS I have no place to be quiet.

There is always something going on... 

living the high life in Bakersfield...

Enjoy the reading
Sincerely
Giuseppe





No comments:

Post a Comment