Friday, August 4, 2017

Friday August 4

Well I am relatively fine.


My head is better. not perfect

Yesterday my sciatic nerve was still bugging me so I did not go to the gym.

It is fine by me. I am taking a break hoping that my sciatic nerve will be improving.

I  made my grocery list for shopping this incoming Saturday.

Speaking of this matter I need to add to it small zucchini for making the trofie sugo like I made yesterday.

I made sure I was not adding any food I already have at the apartment

As I had time I have been spending my time cooking a great trofie pasta with Zucchine squash.

I used little cherry tomatoes and Zucchini squash that I had purchased to make Zucchini float.

I changed my mind  about the use of Zucchini squash




Anyway I cut celery, carrots and tomatoes for the soffritto



I diced the Zucchini and a lot of sweet onion with garlic cloves


I let the soffritto going with the sliced Zucchini


It all cooked gently, I added  a bit of vegetable bullion cube
The pasta water was boiling. I added the pyramid salt to the water.


It all simmered gently and with careful cooking

At the same Time I  added  a good amount of Trofie pasta to the water 


I made sure that the Trofie were cooked al dente.
I poured the pasta  in a colander.

I reserved a scoop of the pasta water for the sauce

Right away after draining the  pasta  "al dente" was added to the Zucchini  pan.

I let it simmer  all for a few minutes


I added some pepper flakes,  Olive Oil and mixed the pasta with grated Parmesan Cheese

Et voila dinner was served.





Whenever I am eating pasta I am loosing myself.

I made a conscious effort of stopping at some point.

I had a piece of fruit and then started cleaning.

And so the circle of live went on.

I messed it up by enjoying cooking, then I enjoyed cleaning my kitchen place.

I carefully swept the floor and washed it with a  few  swifter pads




I am getting good at it.


I am taking pride in showing off my good cleaning skills. In the  local lingo it is also referred as ADL (Activity of Daily Living)


I am proud of keeping my place clean and spotless as I like it to be.



I slept well and woke up on time.

I add a good and happy breakfast can you see the smiling face in this picture?


Obviously I remember that Giuseppe Arcimboldo had a talent for  painting based on the use of vegetable elements. For instance  you will recognize it on the  picture below




I walked around taking picture of the flowers


great flowers 






I ventured in the park to get the newspaper.

It is already a hot day. The air is thick and heavy.
it is about 100F outside, a bit more than 30C




Time to eat enjoy

For lunch I had brought my lunch as always.

Although on Friday there is food at the clinic I am anyway always bring my food.

I enjoy cooking for my self beside I am spending a great deal of money in buy good food produce.



BTW the family is doing fine.

Right now they everybody is busy.

I called my mother in law in Rome and she confirmed it to me on the phone



No comments:

Post a Comment