Monday, August 21, 2017

Monday August 21

It has been going better and better.

My shunt is finally stable.

Anyway my body is recovering its functions.

Last Friday August 18 I stayed back to take care of my own life. There is nothing to do here on a Friday other than coming here to get the CNS food. I have rather different tastes for me.. beside all the food that CNS provides is counted down the the last bits... I prefer staying away whenever I feel like.

I took care of my overnight oat for breakfast






I cleaned the whole apartment by myself. Dedra and Sarah came to inspect the apartment.

In the afternoon I went to the gym for an hour of Zumba with Caroline fun fitness and came back by myself.

At the gym on Friday I have Zumba class. A lot of cardio and coordination movement.


The boys had Tennis practice back at home.

Last Saturday   August 19  morning Trader Joe's Shopping after taking care of cleaning the clothes and related tasks for my apartment.

After cleaning  my apparels and clothes  in the apartment I went to Trader Joe's.


Jamie is always there waiting for us to arrive and to shop at the best store in town.

She always has time to stop for a picture with me and to make my experience really worthy.

It was celebrating 50 years of serving the local community




I got many healthy ingredients and a lot of basic food for me to cook.

My three bags full of grocery shopping.


I spent $102.22 and Jamie gave me some special stickers for the boys.

She mentioned this is a limited edition so it is only for the boys.
If you look at the picture above they were celebrating a 50th year anniversary.


For lunch I made a wonderful  trofie pasta with broccoli

I used Coconut Oil for the soffritto and a lot of minced garlic.

A lot of cut garlic



I cooked broccoli in a light broth.

Seasoned it with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.

I cooked the Trofie pasta on a large pot.

Poured the pasta out and added it back to the broccoli.
I kept a scoop of the Trofie water for cooking. It is rich of flavor and starch.


I added a  lot of grated Parmesan cheese and some raw Olive Oil 

Here is the best view of the pasta


Et voila pasta is ready.

I ate it slowly and by myself without being distracted by the TV. 

This is  the way I like to eat rather than having the TV on like here at CNS.

I do not understand their philosophy. 

Reading the newspaper TV off, lunch time TV on post lunch TV off.

It looks like there is no value at CNS for focusing on what you eat. 

Apparently it is good to get distracted from the food. Have you ever seen a little kids eating.. so much easier by sitting him in front of a TV... the same philosophy that CNS has adopted is molded upon  poor parenting habits.

This is appalling in my view.

Cleaning the apartment by myself again.

I figured out that it is my task to clean while their job to come and check the status of the CNS apartment. Like last Friday Sarah A. and Dedra G. came for an inspection of the premises.

There is so much dust in Kern County, I am constantly cleaning the apartment and yet it still results dirty.



For instance heere check this pad for the floor... now imagine what the air is like in the Kern Valley.


Imagine what is like my own lungs.. imagine how bad this environment is for everybody that has to forced to stay in this place.

Let's talk about eating.

I mentioned they started to turn the TV on.

It is perfectly fine for the American people to eat with the TV on, I mean after all they are famous for frozen TV dinner food and etc.

I imagine it is a effective quieting tool for the patients at CNS.

It is numbing for the most of the patients at CNS

Anyway they like it this way... on the contrary I do not like it at all. 

I was raised  in a different way... I am arguing in a better way.

Anyway on Saturday  afternoon  I signed out and went to Albertson.

I purchased a new can of Lipton Ice tea for $8.99


I also got a sawing kit but Simona mentioned that I do not have any longer those shorts with me.

It is good to mix with my water at the apartment for keeping me hydrated.

I did not forget to go to the movie.

I simply do not  want to go any longer. I will not go with CNS any longer.

I made my choice and that is it.

Last  Sunday August 20 morning I  made a new batch of overnight Oat. 


As you can see I am eating it a lot for my morning breakfast.

Last Sunday August 20  Jerry Lewis died of natural causes.

During my morning I wrote a letter to the boys.

It is about today's eclipses. It will stay with them.



I was ready to go to the gym on time.


I was at the gym at 2pm.

The sup Aisha took me.

At the gym I  had my program to follow.

I was recommended to change it to lighter weight while adding more reps.


So I followed this suggestion  by lowering all the weight. And I took more time in between forceful exercise.

The medical reason is that this approach  avoids increasing the blood pressure in  my body hence my shunt is behaving better.

Adding one more series to my work out routine makes my strength better. 

I set all exercise for four set.
Each set is composed by 20 reps. 



Here is a breakdown of my routine


Lower extremities
Leg curl
Leg extension
Leg press

Upper extremities, shoulders, chest
Chest press
Shoulder press
compound row
seated row
shoulder press
lateral rise

Abdominal 
crunch
rotary torso


At the end I stretched accurately

Greated Ashley at the reception.





After 2 hours of work out I was done. I left the gym at 4pm. I walked back and I signed back in at 4:30p.

It was a hot evening, I walked back carefully.

Once at the apartment I made a second dinner for my day.

I made a brown rice with eggs frittata.

In this case I was focusing on eating carbs and protein as I was hungry after my gym time.





The usual flowers for the day






As always the morning park is a quite place to be for me
Away from the craziness of the rest of the day.


















No comments:

Post a Comment