Monday, April 25, 2016

Monday April 25

Today it is the 25th of April.
In Italy it is a celebration day.
It is the anniversary of the liberation.

It marks the  celebration of the liberation from the German occupation during  WWII.

It is overall an historic event belonging to the past of Europe.


Last Friday I  at time available and wrote a letter to my boys.
Thus is called THP (Therapeutic Home Program)


In the afternoon I went to catch a movie.

It is  the movie called Criminal with Kevin Costner and a good cast of actors.






I enjoyed very much the movie experience.
I hope Steve R. enjoyed it as well. As he was there as well, choosing to eat a lot of  greasy and unhealthy food. This is the land of freedom after all.

I write my own observation of the status and they generate inputs for the status.

I would have preferred not to see him at all  ,,,well different personality and different choices of lifestyle. We all know the history behind this matter.

On Saturday I washed all my personal clothes in the 500 building, including my bed linen, my bathrobe.

Finally I let these items drying in the drier of the 500 building and went to to grocery shopping.

I did my grocery shopping at Trader Joe's as usual.

It is alwags  fun and a great experience for me going at the grocery shore.

She is Canvas

She is always  Meredith.


I had a new supply of stickers, a new ticket for the raffle and a good grocery bill worth  $89.58

I like to cook and to eat well. I am frankly feeling OK with my bill.

For Simona I purchased some roses in a pot.
I am planing to give it to her when I see her this weekend.





 Last Saturday I have been cooking the chicken  breast I had. 

It was due  to be sold on that very same day.

I cooked it  Alex's style.

Alex is a  guy that works in Transportation at CNS and he shared me this very good recipe.

First  I seared the chicken breast  in a pan


I  seasoned and sprinkled with rosemary from the CNS garden.

Then I  cooked it in  the oven at 350F for 45 minutes.


As I was cooking I looked at the status of some marinated eggplant I had in the fridge.

It  did not look good to me. 
I decided to get rid of it.

Better be safe than sorry. It did not look well cooked.



I decide to be writing to my family another letter.


As usual I snapped a picture of it and emailed it to them.


During the weekend I have been cleaning a lot as normal for me.

I checked the food in the freezer and fridge.

I decided some of it was due to go in the trash bin.

Here it is a picture of the cleaning food spree.



I normally make sure that the food is up-to-date and according to my best dietary intention.

 also I have been cleaning the whole apartment. I used  the broom and the swifter for the floor.






I am overly concerned with keep it clean....It is certainly a good way for it to stay spotless.
I also clean the bathroom, needless to mention it as I keep always in order and good status.

Yesterday night it was poring  down.  

This is a picture of the rain hitting the window glass. It a small local storm that has brought some much needed water in Southern California.


As it started raining I brought my rose for Simona inside the apartment for the night.





The rose at the apartment garden  were gorgeous the other day before the rain.



On Sunday morning I went to church at S. Philippe the Apostle.




At church I had a good experience of worshiping God with the local community.

At church I met Carolyn from CNS. 

I also met Cassie and her  grandma Rose.

Cassie approached me at the exit as I did not see her during the church. time


I normally meet her at the gym on Wednesday when she leads the cycle  class. 

She took over the sport that was Angie's. 

Angie moved on Saturday morning.

On Sunday afternoon I  walked to the gym by myself. I am allowed to walk at the gym only on Sunday afternoon. It is part of my Rehabilitation program. It is Sunday at 2pm.



This is the   procedure to follow.

I signed out from the apartment, let them know about my destination.
Once there I called CNS to let them know I had arrived.

I stayed for an hour to work out. 

I also took my weigh. I was 178 lb.


I have been expanding my  own gym program as well.

I started including some  upper extremity workout   beside some lower extremities and core that I have been doing thus far.



At 3:30 pm it was time for me to go back to the apartment. I called them and let them know I was coming back.

I reached the apartment on time for a good  showers and evening Metagenics meds.

I received the following picture from my mom in Italy. 

She is enjoying  the flowers she has on the balcony of  her apartment in Verona.




Over the weekend I am going home to La Canada. Once there we are going to Sport Chalet in La Canada to buy a new sport suit for me.

There  have reduced price on most items of the store



Enjoy the reading.
Time tom  read my book on food
Sincerely
Giuseppe





No comments:

Post a Comment