Monday, November 28, 2016

Monday November 28

Let's review the current information I have available. For your record.


On October 2010 I had a severe hemorrhage secondary to AVM (Arteriovenous Malformation).

I experienced an ischemic stroke secondary to vascular changes because of the hemorrhage.


I have  a shunt since 2010- six years overall.

At the time our youngest son Lapo was 1 year old. Now he is 7 years old. Time goes on for everybody.


The shunt is working well.

However I am prone to headache on a regular basis that CNS is managing by giving me palliative meds such as Tylenol. Thus far it has been working somehow  It isn't fixing the root cause inside my head however.

I was supposed to go at that time... but hey ...perhaps I did something bad in life and I have to purge something.

There is nothing to do about my head. Dr Zoner in Santa Barbara reviewed my chart and did not bulge.

He mentioned the shunt is working well and he would like to leave it inside my head.

I am personally of the opinion that I would like to get this gear out of my brain as soon as possible.

It is as when you are looking forward to removing braces from your mouth.

I am looking forward to remove my brain braces to start to feeling like a human person again...no more about this TBI residual memories...

I am willing to take the risk of having my skull reopened again, this is as far as I am ready to go to feel like a human person again.

I went to La Canada over the weekend. This is the place were I used to enjoy living.

I took my weight: 80.8 kg fully dressed.


In La Canada there are all memory of a former self.

I am fully dependent from my significant other, I am fully dependent from their life.

On November 24  Thursday here are the kids playing at the TV.



Apparently they are constantly playing at the WEE or with the computer, chatting with friends on a virtual reality universe.



we went to eat Sushi at Whole Food in La Canada





who is no  fan and does not  like Sushi ?

In the evening we went to have dinner with the usual kind friends: Stefano, his wife Jen.

At dinner there was Bob his wife Raffaella and son Luca.

Bob in green, Stefano in white


Simona in black and Raffaella in red shirt next to her.

Raffaella is Bob's wife. She is a good friend of  Simona.


As always we had a lot of food. We had a duck for thanksgiving rather than the usual turkey.

There was as well another family attending the dinner.
Their son is a first year student at Berkeley University.

On Friday  November 25 at home the boys have been playing a lot the piano.

Here is Lapo he is doing as well as his brother.



We then went to have a coffee at the Intelligentsia Coffee in Pasadena.
They have a good Coffee.

The boys had a hot chocolate.

We then took the chance of going to Sur La Table to exchange the compressed air canister for my Soda Stream sparkling water maker.

Lapo did receive a box of Ultimate Military Forces as Amazon delivered Black Friday








In the evening we went to Glendale mall  to watch the Fantastic Beast movie that I had already seen the previous week (Repetitat iuvant). Still it remains an obscure movie for me.

In Glendale it was already all shining with Xmas lights and songs.

American people are  jumping from one celebration (Thanksgiving) straight into the Xmas carols and melodies with a stunning continuity of thoughts.





We stopped by Nordstrom Galleria to purchase a new pair of Nike shoes for Chicco

Chicco is wearing the #41 right now and he is an 11 years old boy. Image what  he will be when fully grown.


Dinner was at home. Chicco was buzzing at the computer playing remotely with a friend of his.

In my opinion his perseverance and insistence have a compensating role in his life.

He does not want to stop and think that right now he does not have a father.

I am concerned about his future.

On Saturday morning we had another relaxing day.

The boys played Stratego in the morning





This is the time they spent away from any electronic device, without arguing with each others.
Just playing buddies,

I had another strong headache, It is taking the same side of the shunt, the right hand side of my face.


I do not know what we did in the evening.

On Sunday morning November 27 we went to church at S.Bede in La Canada.

The boys had a good morning they had Sunday school so that they stayed busy in the morning.

Swimming got cancelled as it was a rainy day.

We left early to come to Bakersfield from La Canada. As in Bakersfield I  have been doing my rehabilitation therapy since 2011.

Traffic was really bad, apparently people in Southern California do not have a clue on how to drive with poor weather conditions.

There were several accidents along the way to Bakersfield.

Oh by the way then CNS tells me I am not able to drive... dear CNS you should see the individuals that are on the road of Southern California...

We got a pizza along the way... Blaze Pizza all good.



Easy to eat and easy to get in La Canada. A good veggy pizza. Chicco had a pepperoni, sausage, Lapo had some chicken nuggets.

By the way this morning I had money management completed as I was away for the weekend





Enjoy the reading.








No comments:

Post a Comment