Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Tuesday Nov 22

Yesterday evening at the apartment I have been busy cooking a good vegetable soup.
First I made a soffritto with onions, celery and carrot by using Coconut Oil.
I added a butternut squash to the soup.



I carefully sliced the potatoes into cube.

I cooked the soup in a large pot. Since  I had purchased some dry lentils I added it to the mix as well.

 I  seasoned the recipe with  a vegetable bouillon cube and a pinch of  pyramid salt. 

At the end it was time for  raw Olive Oil and Parmesan cheese.

In a separate smaller pot I cooked the brown rice.


Here is the  result of the combination.



I prepared my lunch for today by partitioning  the same soup.

I cleaned everything and as I  had some good reading material I called the evening.

I realized that the remote of the TV was not working. So I left a message for maintenance.
They came this morning to show me that the issue was on the mode the remote was set into.


Mr Pinel from maintenance  showed me the remote was set on record. 
He explained me that it has to be set on TV mode to work properly.

This morning I had the first part of money management. Normally I have it on Wednesday but because of the upcoming Thanksgiving Holiday it has been moved by one day.
I am going to pick up the money on Monday evening once I am going to be back

The lunch today is really healthy and in season.

I had the same soup as yesterday evening.

I had a serving of fruit: a pear and a clementine

I drunk a bit of coffee (just a sip) and brushed my teeth.

Today's flower pictures show some water droplets.

It is so unusual to see it in California. 

Hopefully this year it is going to be a bit wetter than last winter.






Here is a great picture for the park near the apartment 

It is a great landscape view of the area.

It shows how well it is maintained and how peaceful it appears in the morning 

I enjoy very much doing a couple of lap each day the weather allows me to. A good exercise in the morning whenever I can.
By walking in the park I can feel my back pain dissipating.

At time it is so intense that it is hard to breath, at time it is gone.





This morning I have not called Simona. I just called Simona later today after lunch. She knows I am OK. Simona let me know the kids are at home playing. After taking with Simona I called at home in La Canada and talked with Chicco and Lapo. They were playing at home and sounded very well.

The plan is that I am going to be gone for the next five days. I have a medical and then I am going at home in La Canada.
My wife Simona is coming to pick me up at 10 am tomorrow morning.
I need to prepare the luggage for five days. My instructions: jeans, a pull and shirts.

At 2pm at the latest  I have an appointment in S. Barbara at the Cottage Hospital with Dr. Zoner.

He knows  very well the family,  Simona and myself.

He is the neurosurgeon that took care of my aneurysm  in  October 2010.  

I experience severe intracranial hemorrhage secondary to my AVM  ArterioVenous Malformation. 
Simply said I had an ischemic stroke secondary to vascular changes because of the hemorrhage. 
It is ischemic because blood flows was cut for a bit following my hemorrhage.

I am struggling to get all the pieces together, and the exact wording of the medical situation.

I am struggling to understand as it is in my nature to make reason to the things that surrounds me.

No comments:

Post a Comment