Friday, December 16, 2016

Friday December 16 2016

It is a nice day in Bakersfield. The air is clean and feels refreshed and light.

The rain brought a much needed cleaning to the Valley's air.

It is all good. The drought is not over obviously, in fact the rain has just  started falling and to do its job. It is going to take a lot to dispel the effect of the drought.

The mountains needs snow for the water during the summer season.

However it  is a start and let's take it as a positive sign of things to come


Yesterday evening  I compiled my grocery list for Saturday morning.
I checked my grocery accurately beforehand.

I compiled my list based on the usual healthy food I purchase from Trader Joe's.

A lot of good Organic produce, a bit of chicken meat, some legume, milk and coffee.
I  found out that using Quinoa with  everyday cooking is a great staple.

Quinoa is a very healthy grain, it has a lot of protein and a lot of good minerals.

For instance I used it yesterday to replace the rice in my recipe.

Yesterday evening I was scheduled for going to the gym.
However as I  already had the food that was about to expire I decided  to stay back and rather devote my day to cooking.

I cooked Quinoa first. Then I let it cool down before using it.

Then I  mixed the Turkey ground beef  with the quinoa, seasoned with Garlic Powder, Salt, Pepper and Oregano. Finally I broke several eggs into the mixture.
Using my hand I mixed  it all  and added some Shredded Parmesan Cheese


The  big red ball has been used as a container.


Overall I got enough staffing to make eight meatballs and use it as filling for the staffed peppers (see below)



I had purchased two green red bell peppers to be used.
I split in half, staffed with the quinoa based filling and put in two oven pans.
Before cooking I added Some Shredded Parmesan Cheese.




While the meal was cooking I wrote a letter to my  family
I am writing to the family as I enjoy this activity.

As mentioned before our eldest son Chicco reads my letters.
As such it is written in English and block letter.

Our youngest Lapo is not yet reading it, yet I am addressing it to the whole family, Lapo included.


This morning I wake up early as always, I am sleeping well during the night and then at something before 6:30 am I am  up  and running. It is barely starting the day and it is still dark outside.

I clean myself, have a fast and healthy breakfast and rush outside the apartment to have a taste of the day.

I make a little walking at the park, grab the newspaper of the day and get going.

Winter colors, brown and fallen leaves covering the grass of the park near the apartment.


I got into the bus and went to the AAC at Mt Vernon.
On Friday there is RT and they watch a movie. 

It is fine, I rather prefer to come here at the Homes of Hope a place I enjoy  to be.

Once here I  am trying to bring stickers for the kids in the Daycare center.
They like it, at the center there are people in charge of distributing the stickers to the kids and to make sure they do not stick it everywhere.

Back in Italy my mother is doing better. She told me that finally she got a hold of a good medication for her inflamed legs. It is working by decreasing the pain in her sciatic nerve.

My mother sent me the following picture of the Xmas tree back home.

She also sent me this image of her dinner.
Chicken, Kale, Quinoa. This is what I am identifying based on this image.

My mother is leaving along back in Italy. My brother Francesco leaves nearby with his wife. He is often in a different town because of his job.
My sister Isabella leaves in Germany. Right now she  is in India to widen her Yoga understanding.

My wife and the kids are all back at home.
Simona came back from a business trip 
She is always on the move.

Enjoy the reading


No comments:

Post a Comment