Friday, December 30, 2016

Friday December 30 2016

It is the second to last day of the year 2016.


This morning I went to the Homes of Hope in Nile's street to find the facility closed.

Lucky Alex was taking the bus to a nearby workshop and Melanie was driving behind him.

So I came back with the both of them. I am writing to you from the Old Clinic at Mt Vernon.

I had brought with me  a white chocolate tablet that I gave to Miss Amanda at AAC.

She appreciated my gesture. She has been having her fair share of challenges for this year


In Bakersfield it is a rainy and cool day,

There was no newspaper today. The Bakersfield newspaper distribution lacks regularity and reliability.

I gave back the money for the newspaper to Miss Mary as it always happens whenever there is no newspaper at the kiosk.

At the clinic I had a strong headache throughout my temples.

I got a couple of tablets from the nursing station  and I hope it is going to be good for today.


I have had tough time accessing my Personal Account.

I repeatedly  asked my IPC for money, filled the appropriate form.

I asked once, waited, nothing, asked twice waited nothing at the third time I went at the reception and made a firm request.. so firm that the managers had finally given me what has been agreed. An more important what I am entitled to have.

You see it has been agreed that I shall have extra $40 from my Personal Account together with my Money Management money.

It is written on my phone, I am not pulling the expectation out it out from thin air.


I just talked with my Case Manager Jolanta.

She asked me to talk directly with Anna about the money issue and to give her one more chance of taking care of thinks.

I have understood and I am willing to see the situation resolved starting from a clean slate.

Let's start from a clean slate
Yesterday evening I did not go to the gym.

I came back to the apartment, made a careful Grocery list for this Saturday and then started cooking.


I made some really good chicken broth with a lot of veggie. First I made the soffritto with sliced onions and garlic cloves. Then while it was cooking with Coconut Oil I  added cut carrots, celery potatoes and squash. 


A few minutes into it I added chicken drumsticks and let it brown a bit.

Later I topped with water, adjusted for salt and added a whole bouillon cube.


It cooked for a good hour. On the side I cut into small pieces sliced bread and let it brown in the oven for a while.

Once ready I added to my chicken broth with Parmesan Cheese and raw Olive Olive.

You see cooking healthy and well is a matter of planning ahead about your own meal.





By the time I had cleaned it all it was time for me to take a shower and get to bed.

I washed all the dishes by hand. Eyes hands gross motor skills coordination.
The small motor skills got exercised whenever I am working on my hand writing skills.

Nowadays there is hardly anybody that had write any longer.

As I was cooking I did not go to the gym.

For lunch I had brought today the same chicken broth with bread that I had made yesterday.
Here is a picture of it.

I knew patients were provided with lunch on a Friday. They only have a well limited amount of food. I experienced it before,  I do not trust CNS in making a food I like nor the portion of food for me.

On the other hand when I am going to a restaurant it is a different story.

Well you see different line of business all together.

As a result  I am always carrying lunch with me. No matter what Rehabilitation center I am attending for the day. I  I had with me again the chicken broth soup and toasted  bread from yesterday. A good apple to go as a side.

Others were logging for cookie. However as a matter of fact I am relentless non interested on this time of food. Call it a strong bias against the already made cookies.

At time I am eating a cake which has been done by somebody else, nothing comparable to the commercial supermarket cookies.

Here is a the minestrone soup per today, from my own making.



I was given a picture from Chicco our eldest with a frame.

The frame was broken and needed gluing. I  asked  maintenance to glue it back together and James took care of it. 

In order to keep it together a blue light  tape needed to be used.
So here it is.



This morning I called maintenance at the apartment.
The soap dispenser had run out of soap.

They came to put a new liquid soap bag.

In doing so a plastic part snapped out and the whole encasing had to be replaced.


So right now I have a  brand new soap dispenser for the next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment