Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Tuesday December 6 2016

It is a cold day in Bakersfield.

The day is nice and air good.

I had a good night yesterday evening.

My retainer for my teeth works really well. I communicate it to Melissa at the Mt Vernon Clinic.

Melissa at the clinic told me  I already have mentioned it beforehand.

I am taking a mental note of it and will  stop talking about this matter.

The flowers at the apartment are surviving the cold season.




I had a healthy breakfast: yogurt. Chia Seeds, High Fiber Cereal, nut medley and  good whole milk.





In the morning I did my usual walk  near the apartment

As I am saving data this is a  low resolution picture of the park in the morning,




I went to the Mount Vernon Clinic aka AAC where I read the newspapers with the news of the day.
At 11 am I signed out to come to the Homes of Hope in  Niles Street where  I am doing a voluntary work from here.

This is a foster care agency for family and children who runs into some hard time.

Yesterday I promised Miss Vianney a whole Chocolate bar.  Today I delivered on my promise.

She was glad. She did not ask for it, but I am feeling compelled in following on my words anyway.

Yesterday evening I had good  time to go the gym. It was my day for doing  Yoga with Lilli.





Yoga is a good practice, it is soft gym with stretching.

I paid attention to my body as to avoid any hurtful movement.  I did not pushed the limit of my body.

Afterward I had an aerobic exercise with a whole hour of bike. 
The static bike class was  led by Cassie Marie who was covering for Misty.

I was glad to see her there.

Last Sunday it was her grandma birthday. They waited patiently when the S.Philips the Apostle church was over to  meet me at the exit and to say hi.  

I greeted the both of them.
I noticed she has a scar under her eyes, she mentioned it is from her accident.

Their family is very close.

Here is a good lunch.
I had brought a very delicious polpettone (Turkey meatloaf) with brown Basmati rice and an orange




It is a real home made lunch. I normally make my own food and cook by myself. 
It is part of my program. 
I cook by myself, clean by myself, shop by myself.

I keep track of the food in my apartment to make sure it is used before the expiration date.


Today it is S. Nicholas Day. It is a day of celebration in the Northern Countries.
It is celebrated as well in Bolzano,  Italy where my mother was originally from before moving to Verona.

Back in Italy the are many traditions related to the Christmas Holiday season.

In my home town for instance on December the 13th it is St. Lucia Day.

Here you see the arena on the right. On the left the big white star that is assembled on special occasion.
This image is from the following link.


It is the kicking off of the holiday season.
In my home town the St. Lucia day is a very important recurrence for the whole family.

During this day the Xmas presents are delivered to each kid.

I called my mother in Italy during my break.

My mother is telling me she has trouble walking around. Today she went to buy the newspaper and then she had a painful feeling down one of her leg

She is also afraid of walking too much around being insecure on her legs.

My brother Francesco is telling her to walk around using a pair of crouch.
He is very compassionate and very understanding.

I personally looking at the image of Verona with a distant eye.

I came to US as I wanted to see the world.  I toured a bit beforehand.

I did my Master Thesis in Geneva Switzerland at CERN.



Afterward I went to Grenoble France at  ESRF and enrolled at INFG for my PhD






Once done I also  also di  my post doc on the East Coast. Princeton University  and then the group moved to  Cornell University.


The group is led by Professor Sol Gruner. He is a very talented and bright individual.


Finally Simona had enough of me going around places and she asked me to get settled down.

So I did, we got married in Italy and the rest is history.
We are settled in La Canada California.

my professional experience as much as I remember it is here

Today the usual day: evening dinner, setting lunch for tomorrow and then at 5pm it is gym time.

I have body pump with Ellie and Zumba with Mike.



Enjoy the reading
It is cold so I am waiting for transportation inside the home.
Sincerely
Giuseppe





No comments:

Post a Comment