Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Wednesday November 4th

Today on the bus my shunt hurt a lot. I had an Arteriovenous Malformation to my brain and an ischemic stroke.


This is  what a normal brain looks like.


This is my AVM and hence the source of my brain injury.
It is said than AVM occurs in less than 1% in the population. It is not known why an AVM occurs.
In my case it is a congenital defect of my brain, meaning I was born with it. An original defective brain is the source of my injury.



The location of my AVM is the Cerebellum. The Cerebellum controls walking and coordination.
And in fact my walking is far from being a regular walking movement.






Initially I had a wonderful morning yet the cacophony of the bus service provided by CNS is such that it makes my head hurting.

I do not appreciate the service in the morning provided by CNS.

There are people lessening the radio loud and the whole commotion is too much for my brain.

Let's review my plan for tomorrow.

I am going to call a taxi cab (phone 661 872 3408)  to that I will be lessening the music I like, I will be called Sir and I will be leaving a 10% tip. It is not the first time for me to take a cab, I used to take many cabs before. The number is already in the memory of my phone under Cab Bakersfield.

The address for the clinic is 2568 Vernon Avenue.

It is just  a matter to get going  at CNS.

My day initially started well, I called Simona while she was taking the kids to School I greeted them a good day and they went off. Today they both have piano lesson with Liz.

This morning I had my   usual walk at  the park enjoying the brisk morning hours and the sunshine.

I had my money management done ( today is receipt day)



The local roses are always a good and relaxing view, I like to take pictures of the flower.
I always have loved taking pictures with my DSLR. Right now I am using my iPhone.



I had my breakfast today and took my new medication Buspar.

I am taking Buspar twice a day. 
Once in the morning and once in the evening.
Too early to tells it  works.

My breakfast

Yesterday evening I went to the gym. The true place I am calling a second home.

As usual it was my body pump Tuesday with Ellie.

 She is the smiling lady at my right hand side.

We talked about Halloween costumes and she made me laugh.


I worked hard at her class. I am finding her class useful particularly when it come to bend my legs - my lower extremity.
I am trying to it in the correct way. 


By comparison with the others  I am clearly off .

My left body is obviously weaker than my right as I had a stroke involving my right hand side of the brain.
Yes the brain hemisphere controlling the movement is  the opposite hemisphere. 

*****
You see on this picture my tracheotomy scar.
 I also  have a shunt bump in my brain. 

This is the source of all my head hack.
I have another scar in my stomach were my feeding tube was located.

I have many other scars on my body.  My right index finger has a scar as well. I remember I used my fist to smash a glass window back home in La Canada. All things I remember.
How to forget it?
*****

Anyway  at the gym I worked a lot on my abdominal and on my lower extremity rehabilitation.

I met Dwayne and he  started talking about the III Amendment and the right to carry concealed guns.

He told me he always has a concealed gun with him, even at the gym.

Well,  it appeared to me this is an odd position to have. Yet I learnt that in US this is what fit the data:  quot homines tot sententia.

Simona is going to be attending a conference in Paris, France. The conference title is " Energy and water cycle in the tropics". Simona will be giving a talk at the conference.

Therefore  she will be in Paris, France between  November 15 and  November 22.



Yesterday our kids have been busy as always.

Our youngest Lapo went to play soccer.

Their trainer is Ali. As mentioned before Ali is Kevon's dad and Kevon is Lapo's best friend.
Ali is a professor of Electrical Engineering at Caltech.
Here is the link to his page.

Chicco -our eldest- has been doing his homework.

I had a good lunch outside, it is brisk day nevertheless I like it that way.


I called back my mom in Italy. My sister Isabella came to visit her.
Yesterday they have been to Fano where we have a summer house.
As it was a quick stay they stayed in a hotel.
They met and went to eat Pizza  with my mom's cousing Ezio and his wife Paola.

I spoke with my sister Isabella, she told me she is going to stay in Verona until Sunday and she is going to go back to Germany on Monday.

It is a blessing for  us to have my sister taking care of my mom.
She is a true force of the family.

I am going to work on my databse for Lisa.
Sincerely
Giuseppe


Today our kids have piano lessons with Liz.

Enjoy the reading.
Sincerely
Giuseppe










No comments:

Post a Comment