Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Tuesday July 5 2016

The  kids are enjoying being at home back in Italy.

I am cooking in Bakersfield at CNS...

I had a really good weekend but the church experience..


As always last Friday I went to the gym to work on my Zumba with Caroline

I had a good time as always being at the gym

It is a good cardio exercise. A lot of fun and great light  movements.


Caroline with red pans, Lee with a blue shirt, Saira with a light blue shirt, Joseph me with Nike apparel. another person from Bakersfield.



Last Saturday I took care of the apartment as always I am doing during the weekend: bed linen,  my personal clothes, the bathrobe.. the normal house duties of the Saturday morning.

The family is back in Rome.

They are enjoying very much the summer. They went  at the beach where swimming pools are also available.

The boys in full gear






On Saturday I also did grocery shopping at Trader Joe's as always.

I spent $112 on food and had a water spillage all over my back pack...


As I shopped I had fresh Salmon to make Ceviche.

A lot of lime, fresh salmon, cilantro, onion 


I let the fist cook in the lime for a while with the onion.







Add condiments and  chopped cilantro. As I had added also a  ripe avocado.

I had the ceviche with the Tostadas.

I also had time to do some THP (Therapeutic Home Program)

Writing to improve my hand coordination for small movement..
Yes I know the story..after all


On Saturday evening I went to see a movie.
I saw BFG by Spielberg.



I believe it was a good movie.

I cane late as I did not want to take the van with a bunch of other people that normally smoke.
It is a choice, and I am proud for doing so. 
It is a good trade off.. 


Simona took the boys for a tour of Rome.

They went to the Aventino. It is an historical hill within Rome. It is one of the legendary seven hills  of Rome.





On Sunday July 3rd I went to S. Philips church




Now regarding this point I feel I need to make a point to the whole CNS.

I am very frustrated by this matter.

I was taken to church with another male patient and his boyfriend.

They both stood next to me. The church is so large that there isn't any need for them to stay next to me on the same desk.



"What bothered  me is that at the moment of exchanging the peace sign.. they warmly embraced.

Call me old fashion. 

The church is so large that there is place for everybody certainly they can seat far apart for me"

I hope the situation is being clarified once for all.

After church I walked to the gym



I stayed until 3:05pm. I walked back and signed in at 4pm on time for a shower and my Metagenics.





I really enjoy my walk back and forth. Always following the rules of the pedestrians road.

Most people in Bakersfield are very kind. Once in a while you find a person that is very tense or nervous in the car. It is alright.

I am one of the few that walks on the roads.. well I like it this way.


I came back and took care of a few things: shower, having a dinner 
with a light fruit desert.



Cleaning even more and again 


Last Monday July 4 there was no CNS and I was OK.

The kids went to watch the Angry Birds movie.

I talked to them over the phone and they said they enjoyed it.


In the afternoon I went to the gym. At  2pm as always I was signing out from CNS.

I walked to the gym again.

It took me 20 minutes to walk over there.


I am steadily increasing the number of repetition on each set rather than increasing the value of the weight.

My body is getting stronger by handling more repetitions of the same. Right now I am focusing on the things that my body tells me it is fine.

I was done at a quarter past three. I let CNS know I was coming back
I walked back 




I signed back in at 3:47pm

At the apartment I cleaned myself.

I cooked Zucchini squash risotto




With the left over I made a frittata.





For lunch I had a left over frittata to eat, a salad and a fruit.

A lot of water.
It is all good.

I called the boys in Rome, Italy. Anna answered that they were already in bed sleeping as they were both tired.
It is OK, let them rest for the day.

I sent a message to Simona who is busy with a conference in Trieste Italy.

Enjoy the reading
Giuseppe








No comments:

Post a Comment