Thursday, July 28, 2016

Thursday July 28 2016

I am editing my blog entry from the Homes of Hope.

Let's start by saying Faith, Courage, Strength.

Yesterday I have distributed the schedule for CNS to the whole apartment complex.

I have done it as always as every Wednesday showing my good tracking capabilities ...

I  had booked for a hair cut and I had time to cook and write


A letter to my family in English and block letters.



I cooked Zucchini Risotto.


I  prepared the base by dicing onions, celery, carrot


I sliced the Zucchini squash.


The soffritto was made by  using Coconut Oil. 

This is a good Oil for high temperature cooking.

It cooked for 40 minutes

I added a bouillon cube for flavor.

Later I added olive oil and grated  Parmesan cheese
Here is me cooking with my white Apron 



Later in the evening   I went to  Supercut. I felt I was in need of a hair cut so I booked one.







I got another break from the gym. Diego drove me to the hair cut.

We had a fun conversation and we had a nice time.
He told me that his brother owns a barbershop  and he cuts is hair on a regular basis.

This morning  I did money management. I have $75 for grocery and $24 for the outing. 

The latter is always good for me as any money left are going to charity at church. 

The former is a different story.

I shop at TJ's and  get all good and healthy food. 

 I have a Personal Account money I can use in case of need. 
My IPC  in charge is always kind to inquire with me whether I need any money.



Anyway as always I took a  stroll at the park.. it is my morning PT to feel the weather.
Right now it is boiling hot.



I had a good breakfast. Healthy eating comes from taking care of oneself.

Coffee, frothed milk, High Fiber cereal blueberry and Strawberries.



Good breakfast and good healthy hydration.
A lot of water as it is hot outside..

The usual flowers at the apartment look great





Today  James helped me to make another hole in my belt..

I am not loosing my pans any longer.  I don't have to tighten the belt that much that it hurts my back 
Thank you James

I am loosing weight slowly and steadily.
This morning  I came to the houses Hope 

I brought stickers for all the kids around as always, They were happy.
It is good to be able to put a smile to the kids of the facility.

Brandon showed me around the new house. I t is ready for young adult


 This is the current view of the Outside of the Homes of Hope
This is a Foster Parent Agency that is devoted to helping kids and family in need for a help.



The pictures below are  a view of the inside of the  new home.

 It is almost ready and it is going to be used for emancipated youth. 

It looks really good to me

The kitchen


A bedroom


A bathroom


Another bedroom


A third bedroom


The living room



Construction on going.


The house  is made in solid stone. 

The building is solid and fresh. It has a good thermal isolation and inertia.

This old style building architecture remind of a previous house I had.

Many years ago I did my postdoc at Cornell University in upstate New York.

It was from 1997 to late 1999

At the time I was renting a house at the edge of the Cornell campus.

It had the very same architecture as the house I visited early today.

I am glad I had the chance of visiting this place.
It made my day it brought me back some good memories.

The boys are doing fine. They are attending a summer camp
Simona is  well she is busy as always I was not able to talk to her at lunch. 

She called me early  today before taking off for her day.

Here at the Homes of Hope there is a new router, It has been installed today.
It expand the IT capabilities for the Home.





Good Job Brandon and Jon


No comments:

Post a Comment