Monday, August 8, 2016

Monday August 8 2016

Let's review the activities for the past few days.


Last Friday  August 5 I went to the 24 fitness gym

I had Zumba with Caroline.

It is always fun to go at the Zumba and to do exercise at the sound of music.




 Lee was also at the gym with us.

He is a very interesting person to talk to.

He is community between Bakersfield and Thousand Oaks in LA


He works at Amgen over there, a large pharmaceutical company.

Caroline works at the library here in town in Bakersfield.

My weight as taken with an analog scale is  175lb.. the digital scale is out of order.




Last Saturday August 6th  In the  morning I took care of  apartment and of all my personal items.
Beside the normal activities I washed the bed cover. I also took the opportunity to wash my Nike shoes.
They are now  back to be to be as elastic as before.

Once In a while I feel the shoes loose  their ability to do a good job.





Soon is going to be our son birthday. He is going to turn 11 years old.

He is planning to buy himself a laptop so he is setting aside money against this goal.

It is a good project to achieve.

In the morning I went to TJ's grocery store.

I had the usual fun.
I greeted Jamie

We talked about our families.


I got all good food for a total of $110.59

It is OK I eat it all and eat well.
I  selected a few organic produce. It is worth buying organic for those produce that have a thin skin or can not be peeled.

BTW the chocolate is not for me.
I am giving it away at CNS.


This is Jamie. Always happy to see me shopping  over there.

She always has a moment to snap a picture with me.




With the freshly purchased food I made Tilapia Ceviche.

The concept is easy.
The finely cut fish is cooked in Cilantro juice for a while.

After cooking in the refrigerator you add the chopped veggies.

 I am using diced cilantro, cucumber, tomatoes and sweet onion.

By the way I  purchased figs.. it tastes good. 



On the same day I wrote a letter to my mom.

She is spending the summer in Fano at the seaside

As I learnt sending a letter to Italy  requires to use  4 forever stamps.


I wrote her in Italian. It took me a while as I had to go through a second iteration.

I realized I am getting rusty  writing in Italian  which used to be my mother tongue.

I speak Italian with my wife. Our kids speak Italian as well. They are best versed with English as they were both born in US. They also understand and speak Spanish. Marina our nanny is Mexican.

On Saturday evening I went to the movie theater.
I saw a funny movie.

The movie is Bad Moms. 
The stories of what happens to moms who brake down in the middle of their very busy life.





Last Sunday August 7 I went to church at S. Philips the Apostle church.
The church is well organized and the community strong.

Javier is the  music director. He is the brother of Sylvia W. an instructor of mine at the gym
I specifically asked him if he knew Sylvia W. He confirmed this information.

In three weeks there is going to be a new pastor. 
Father Salvador has been appointed as the next pastor.

Today the boys have a busy schedule.

The kids are going to Tennis practice, then they have piano lesson and finally they will be going to Taekwondo.

Flower for you mon amour




Enjoy the reading
Giuseppe

No comments:

Post a Comment