Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Wednesday October 12 2012

Yesterday after therapy I went back to the apartment.
Had a good coffee and  I cooked by myself a good chicken broth.

I diced celery, carrots, onion and potatoes.



I used coconut oil to cook.


I realized I had purchased chicken wings rather than the drum stick I normally use.
Next time I will make sure I  am selecting the correct cut.

I have also paired it with a good whole grain brown rice cooked on a separate pan.

I enjoy cooking and I am always cooking for and by myself.
I do not my mind. Better staying by yourself rather than sharing space with people you do not appreciate.
As I cooked a lot I run the dish washer which resulted to be a full load.

Right now at homes for hope I am sharing the space with miss Barbara.

She is a great person. I  enjoy her presence. She works at the desk behind mine.
She is a social workers with the County of Bakersfield.

Yesterday evening after cooking I went to the 24 fitness gym.

As every Tuesday I had body pump with Ellie and Zumba with Mike,

The latter class is perhaps the one representing  the least for me.

At the gym I normally meet Cassie Marie.

 She is a certified trainer .

I always shares with her about my body status.
The other day I told her about my back pain.

She recommended me to do some stretches with my leg crossed while in bed.
I started doing it and it works great.
Getting to warm up my back is a good feeling.

A good self made breakfast. 
Oatmeal,  yogurt with Chia seeds, Organic whole milk and cereal 



Here is the park from this morning.
I normally walk around a couple of time to wake up my body. 
The beautiful roses at the apartments.



This morning I had receipt for money management completed.

This procedure consists in proving at the reception the receipts for two items. Since CNS gives me two sorts of money.

- grocery shopping (food)
-outing (movie, snack and church)

Because  last Sunday CNS took me late a church I duly prorated my offering at church.
Normally I balance my outing money by giving to church the whole outing money that I have left.

Next time it is going to be prorated even more. 

If it were up to me I would never be late at church.

Apparently there are two different views on this matter. In my opinion it is taking advance of a given situation.Or this is what I am feeling

Today there is no newspapers at the apartment. It was all taken by the time I got there.

Anyway NPR radio I normally listen to is full of the information I need.
For a compendium of the week I am reading the Economist magazine.

The Homes of Hope is getting ready for an event.

At the Homes of Hope they  are setting the premises for a photo shoot of a wedding event to advertise the capability of the Homes of Hope.

Everybody is contributing toward this goal.

The Homes of Hope rents space for wedding, banquet and meeting.
There are clearly criteria to meet to make sure the ordinances of the city of Bakersfield  are met.

Also the chapel has its own rules that provide guidance regarding the event.
The whole local community in Bakersfield contributes to the Homes of Hope activities.

Right now I am in light duty.

I talked to Jolanta this morning my wonderful and very patient Case Manager at CNS.

She was telling me she used to speak Russian fluently beside polish which is her mother tongue.

The first time I tried to write a letter to my mother in Italian I had to write it twice.
My mother is feeling the cold that has been arriving in Italy.
She had a bit of a cold.
She is alwas admiring the flowers in Califoria.
I know she is looking at it. I am sending her as many picture as I can.

Enjoy the reading time to go
Giuseppe

No comments:

Post a Comment