Thursday, January 19, 2017

Thursday January 19


I slept well and firmly.

At 6:30 am I woke up to get ready for my day.

It is a cold day in Bakersfield.

I wake up by myself and got my medications independently. No cue period of time.

I made my own  healthy breakfast.

A good bowl of Cereal High Fiber, Organic Milk, Omega Trek mix

Here is the nutrition value  of my breakfast according to my iPhone app MyFitnessPal

  • Carbs : 50%
  • Fat : 35%
  • Protein :15%

It is raining hard and everything is getting a good soak.

The street is being washed and less sleek. The side walks are marked by water streams.

There is water everywhere.

Finally the wet season has arrived.

The park today is showing all the rain it  has been receiving.





I cleaned myself and my room before leaving.
Today miss Araceli and Jessica - an NRS from CNS- both came in my apartment for a walk in.

Miss Araceli is the CNS Nurse  while miss Jessica is a NRS from CNS.

I do not mind as I know I keep it tight and clean at my best.

The kids are well. They were ready to go to school this morning when I called them.

Chicco our eldest (11 years old) is always happy to hear me, Lapo our little one (7 years) is a bit more reserved at the phone. He does not know me that much as I have been gone for most of his life.
It is a regrettable choice I made in the past. I would gladly change things around if I had a magic wand. Believe me at the time it was a good choice, in retrospect I would not trade it for anything.

I changed, things have changed, Insight, wisdom and emotional intelligence is what you need in life to make good choice.

My wife Simona is always with the boys.

Later this afternoon  the boys are supposed to go to tennis practice, however due to the rain it is perhaps not going to be a suitable  weather condition for them.

The forecast on my phone reports rain for the next few days  in La Canada as well.

I got the newspapers and then got back to my apartment to get my lunch box and my backpack.

Finally at 9:30am I took the bus to go to the Mt Vernon Clinic.

On Friday they are watching TV, my time is perhaps better used here at the Homes of Hope in Bakersfield. I normally reads the newspaper and then come here during the week.

Today they are watching the inaugural address for the new President. Oh well it is what it is the people have spoken. It was a very hard election cycle. I believed the system worked OK. we will see how it is going to develop in not so distant future.

I have a nice desk a nice ACER Laptop computer. I am working on my own items.
This computer is an ACER Aspire One Cloudbook 11
A solid little laptop for my blogging here at the Homes of Hope.

Yesterday evening I had a quick dinner with minestrone soup with Quinoa and a home made  polpetta from my freezer.

I seasoned the minestrone soup with Olive Oil and Parmesan cheese.



I had my Metagenics vitamin pills and went to the gym. As it was raining hard Stefanie from CNS took me to the gym

I had time to do bodycombact with Scott. It is a set of movements at the sound of music.

Scott is following a charted number of movements that he has written down on a map.

Afterward I had static cycle with Misty. The static cycle is a great way to emulate a real life biking experience on the road. The resistance on the static bike is modulated in order to emulate a real life scenario. The instructor and the team is all working at once.

Obviously Misty  knows me very well, she knows that when it time for me to leave the gym I like to snap a picture with the instructor. Lately she has been my instructor quite a lot because Lolita is still on leave. Lolita is the other trainer for bike class. Another one is Cassie.

   

As I am used to do at the gym before leaving I accurately stretched to be ready for the next day.
Whenever I am taking a picture with the instructor people of the community that do not know me find it amusing.  Well it is what it is right now.

        


Before leaving I had the time to quickly write a note to my family. I wrote a note in English and block letter to our kids and then a happy birthday note in Italian for my wife Simona.


I sent it yesterday. It will be hopefully home in time for her birthday.
I hope for the best. She is very important for the whole family right now.

As always I had brought my own lunch with me, good choice

A healthy and hot chicken soup, a lot of Parmesan cheese and Olive Oil



During lunch I called my mother back in Italy.

She was battling with an email related issue.

Her electronic communication was all upside down.

I explained the message of error she was receiving. I also suggested her to use the gmail service rather than yahoo.  In my experience it is good to have a couple of options available.

I recommended her  the use of gmail service. She implemented the switch and in no time she is back on line.

She sent me this image. It is from our home in Verona.

My sister Isabella sent her this beautiful flower composition. My mother's birthday is approaching fast: in the next few days she is going to celebrated. She also showed me walking stick she purchased for herself.

It is going to help her walking around. She mentioned that she is not worried to use it in her daily life.

Today the US is getting the president they elected...


I have to confess I have hard time following the voters's view.

Oh by the way the majority of the voters did not corresponds to the district majority at all.
There was about a couple of millions people of difference.
Is this a negligible fact? I know most of the people are happy with the outcome.

I do not recognize myself in the majority of the people.

Anyway the democratic system worked.

I brought chocolate to Miss Vianney here at the Homes of Hope.

I purchase it and then give it away.

That is what I am doing with Chocolate



No comments:

Post a Comment