Monday, February 13, 2017

Monday February 13 2017






This morning I went to the Mt Vernon Clinic.

My Nurse was expecting me. She was ready with an EKG machine.

So I had it done this morning. My heart beats at 60Hz.  it is normal.

It is beating on the low side. I am going to the gym as much as possible. I used to do a lot of cardio even before my injury, long distance running. At the gym  right now  I am doing a lot of cardio as well. No lifting at all. Whenever I take a class that has weight, I learnt that in order to keep my blood pressure under control I have to focus on repetitions, range of motion  and form above all.
Whenever I push it too hard my blood pressure increases and my head hurts. I am drinking a lot of water as well and after a certain time no coffee at all as it interfere with my sleep.

Overall I feel well and very fit.

My mother went to the doctor today to take care of ailment she has on her neck.

Simona and the kids are fine. The boys are already at school.

I had a good breakfast, healthy and light



The morning is nice and the sun bright.

I had been walking in the park, then realizing my femoral bone on the right leg was hurting and got some Tylenol for it.

I did too much over the weekend anyway this is the way it is right now.

This is the park near the apartment.



About my weekend last Sunday  I went to church first.

I was on time. The sermon was about self control and discipline.

Mankind has freedom of options, this is the way God decided to set up our life.

It is important to use the freedom properly has it carries a lot of responsibilities.




At church I gave $20 for offering as I had the money and felt it was a good way to express my gratitude to the local  catholic community.

At the end in  church Cassie Marie and her grand ma Rose  waited and greeted me.

She told me Hi Joseph. She is a very nice person. She asked about Simona and the kids.

After church I went to the gym. 

At 1:30 pm I signed out and took off walking to the gym.

I made a mistake and went  toward Stockdale Hwy back to the church and Trader Joe's location.

As soon as  I realized it I re calibrated my direction and went in the right direction using my GPS phone . I  called CNS to mentioned that I was going  back on track and I reached the gym at 2:17 pm. 
Along the way I picked up a debit card on the sidewalk. I kept it with me and gave it at the reception of CNS. Hopefully they will be able to located the owner.

Then I  followed my own Sunday program: I worked at the Stair Master at level  6 for 60 minute.

During this time I covered a distance of 4.69 miles.

A lot of good cardio.


Afterward I  worked on the VMX multi-mode robe trainer at level 5.

I pulled down a robe for 17 minutes and covered the equivalent distance of 1 miles.

During this time the counted calories  were 328 cal.

This exercise is  good for strengthening my back muscle.

I stretched accurately in the big room: legs, tight, and quads.
I also stretched my back and my arms.

I left the gym at 4:10 PM called CNS to let them know I was walking  back.
I signed back in at 4:50pm as at 5pm. Right on time as  I have my Metagenics to take.

I was able to collect input from different people and to summarize it in this work out program of mine. I am using it whenever at the gym there are no classes.

Last Saturday Feb 11 I had a very busy day.

I washed all my clothes, changed my bed, and did the laundry at my place.

I took my weight and it was 179.6 lb




While  the laundry was drying in the 500 building I signed out and walked to Trader Joe's.

I went toward Stockdale avenue.

Over there I had a great time. Jamie at my left hand side in blue long sleeve shirt was happy to see me Shopping over there.


She is always kidding with me.


Josh is at the right hand side with us.
 He is a very nice guy as well.

Over there they all know me very well.
Here is Jamie teasing me making me bunny ear. 


I purchased everything on my list.
A lot of Organic food. 

I did not buy any chocolate this time as I decided no more chocolate for a while.


Why we took a picture next to the flowers?
Because I had just purchased flowers for Simona

Here it is in my shopping card. Jamie helped to pick the flowers  for Simona.

So when Simona came last Saturday I gave it to her.
I came back from Trader Joe's with CNS as I had quite a few bags.
I came back at the apartment.
In the routine of my day was picking  up from the drier all my clothes.
I then labelled and put away all my grocery.

I had time to clean the whole apartment

Beside doing the laundry I cleaned my bathroom accurately 


I run the vacuum cleaner on the carpet of the whole apartment.
Both bedrooms included.


The carpet in the living room was also accurately vacuum cleaned.



Afterward I washed the tile floor in the restroom and kitchen.


I removed the dust as I saw fit.

Finally it was all looking nice and smelled cleaned.

Here is a large picture of the whole apartment.




Simona came afterward to visit me with Chicco. 
Lapo was busy with a play date with his best friend Kevon.

I had prepared something for everybody.

Flowers for Simona, Letters for Chicco and for Lapo a few pins.
Also a coin worth 50 Cents. I gave it all to the family.
I am sure they appreciate it.

For lunch we went with Simona and Chicco to eat at Panera Bread

We had a rapid lunch together.
This is Chicco next to Simona.
They have the same chin and smile, they have the same shape of the face.

They both look a lot like each others.



I enjoyed my beam soup and a couple of sandwiches.



I had a couple of bags of potatoes chip. 

I normally do not eat it while at the apartment.

They left and I was able to go to the movie.

I watched John Wick Chapter two
It was only and OK movie. I personally was hoping to see a different one. It was "Hidden Figures" a movie about the space race. In my humble opinion the movie I saw was very stupid and rather dull.
Unless you get interested by seeing people shooting around and big explosion. It did not feet my taste this time.

Last Friday I signed out from CNS and went to the gym by myself for my Zumba class.

I arrived on time to greet Karen from the previous class.

I took my Zumba class with Caroline Fun Fitness. She is the lady in red at my side.

She is always kind to me and I am enjoying very much her classes.






Her library in Bakersfield for kids is being set up very nicely,
She has a very nice section about Dr Seuss and his  book a  Cat in The Hat.




No comments:

Post a Comment