Thursday, February 23, 2017

Thursday February 23

I finally decided to leave my heavy jacket back at the apartment, bringing with me my Patagonia pile.
Hopefully it is going to be fine and it will not be raining today.

The family is well.
Simona is very busy with many meetings and attending a thesis defense.
Both the boys are already at school. I had the chance of greeting them this morning.

They were having breakfast with Oreo biscuits they purchased from the girl scouts.
So here we go they are all well.

It is a nice and col day in Bakersfield.

I had my money management completed. As expected I received  $75 for Grocery and $24 for Outing.

I have enough money to get by throughout my time here.
Historically  my Grocery shopping bills has been the largest for me.

For instance here is a time series starting last Saturday February 18  and  for each Saturday going back to January 7th.

It has data starting from Saturday January the 7th  for the past seven weeks. It is all data from my latest memory book

Total amount

  • $86.55 
  • $110.29
  • $95.77
  • $118.98
  • $60.69
  • $91.20
  • $91.35

The average  for 7 weeks is  $93.54

This means that I had spent an extra $130 from my Personal Account on grocery shopping.

My wife has come to term with this reality of mine  and she is taking good care of this matter.

Yesterday evening I distributed the new schedule to the whole apartment complex.. nothing new or major to report.

At  5pm I then booked for movie a for next Saturday. Just in case to be sure there is something interesting at the movie  Theater.

I am personally quite puzzled by the recent string of movies available.
 I am still waiting for the ones I like.

Last week there was  "The Lego Batman movie" which is fine. A kid movie.

The previous week I saw "John Wick chapter 2" which in my opinion was a mediocre action movie.

Three weeks ago I saw "The space between us" I enjoyed it very much.

Last month I saw "Gold" which was a good one.

End of January my family came to Bakersfield for a day.

We will see how it goes in a few days.

This is the park this morning a nice and crisp day in town.
No rain is in view here in town.



Yesterday I wanted to cook in peace.

I  did not go to the gym and  started cooking.

I made a great chicken soup.
First I finely chopped a whole yellow sweet onion.

Then I smashed a few garlic cloves with the knife blade.



Of course I used Coconut Oil to cook, this is a healthy Oil for high temperature  cooking.

I cleaned and sliced a few carrots.


 I washed and cut into small pieces some celery stalks and a few  golden potatoes 


From the garden around the apartment I collected a good portion of fresh Rosemary
I washed it and added to the soup.


I seasoned the soup with Pyramid salt and a few Bay leaves. 

As I was cooking  a soup I sorted and cleaned a good amount of lentils.

It all  cooked very gently on the stove for a long time.


Toward the last hour I added Dried Porcini Boletus Mushroom that I had purchased at Trader Joe's.

This Porcini gave the Umami flavor to the soup  




It all cooked slowly and gently.

Today  I went to the AC read the usual news of the day, endured the environment and came to Homes of Hope, I had a good lunch with my soup and an apple.

Finally a bit of coffee and teeth brushing


Flipping trough my memory book I found out the name of the managers at the gym before Adam.
The previous one was Frank -I have been searching for his name for so long. I remember the name of the person before Frank. She was Naomi a very kind and gentle lady.
I found that Acer make a spill proof laptop. You can find more at this link.


Today my plan is to take it easy, there is always time for doing things for me.

I am worrying about the kids and my wife, I know they are well and she is going fine.

About me.. I am struggling but getting there. By back is what is currently is afflicting me.
The sciatic nerve is better, however at time it is still painful.
Enjoy the reading
Giuseppe





No comments:

Post a Comment