Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Tuesday February 21

It is a warm day of early Spring.

Today I had my physical exams with Dr Newbro

He checked my latest blood exams, he run a few physical test on his own. Everything is great.

He mentioned I have the cholesterol of a new born baby which I take it as a compliment as I am really careful in what I am eating.

My lean diet, my low fat and no junk food approach has been working.
Here is my preferred breakfast for this morning. A lot of fiber


After breakfast I like to have a good walk in the park, walking tall and pushing from my feet to walk with straight legs.



Yesterday was President  Day and there was no clinic.

Nevertheless I had a good productive day,

 My mother back in Italy has been busy with her activity,

She had took the car to the mechanic for the annual visit. It is called "Revisione" or review of the car.
It is a mandatory check that it is done to each car every year.
Very much like the smog test in California. It is actually covering more activities  than a smog test.

Anyway yesterday  I have been cooking a healthy vegetable soup.

The usual soffritto base with sweet onions, a few cloves of smashed garlic, celery and  carrot.

This time I added broccoli to the soup as it was time to eat it. In addition I sliced several  Russel potatoes to be included in my vegetable soup.

Presidential Day cooking. With my Presidential Apron.






I used the last vegetable bouillon soup I have.

 I added some Organic White Quinoa


I pour a bit of  pyramid salt and  adjusted the seasoning 
Finally I added a bit of water - not too much and it all cooked gently.

It cooked well and I had my  very early dinner  with my latest culinary activity.


I walked to the gym
I signed out at  3:30 pm and arrived at the gym at 3:48 pm
I had the chance of working at my own cardio program.

I did Elliptical trainer at level 9
I did 2.8 miles in 27 minutes
I switched to this machine as it is a lower impact machine than the stepper. I feel is more forgiving with my sciatic nerve. 




After the Elliptical I worked on the VMX mutimode Trainer at Level 5.

I pulled the robe downward for 1 mile in a 11 minute of exercise.


I realized I had forgotten to take my Metagenics med, so I called CNS and they confirmed they would have been taken to me by Miss Robert the sup that was driving me back home.

I  felt I had done enough for the day so I came back with Miss Robert.

Yesterday I took my weight at the apartment. It is 177.2 lb 

Last Sunday. I had a full day.

I went to church first. Always a good experience for me.



At church I greeted Cassie, her grandma Rose.



I balanced my outing money by offering $5.75 

The kids were skying at Big Bear.

After church I walked to the gym.

I signed out at 2:30 pm and arrived at 2:50 pm

I did the elliptical once more at level 9.
In 45 minutes I  burned 450 calories.

I also have been working non the VMX multimode trainer at level 5. 
The equivalent distance was 1 mile in 15 minutes Stretching before leaving.
I  have not noticed how I got back last Sunday, most likely with CNS.

On Sunday I purchased for the boys these bracelets


Last Saturday was a busy day.
I took care of cleaning the apartment, washing all my clothes and changing the bed

Cleaning the bathroom and the floor

Washing the kitchen floor


Running the carpet cleaner on the carpet.

So much dust it has soaked the carpet.



I carefully cleaned the bathroom



At the end it all looked well and nice just the way I like it to be.



Earlier in the morning  I signed out and  I walked to Trader Joe's.

I had a lot of fun doing my Grocery Shopping.
Of course Jamie was there to greet me as all the employees at the store.


I had a good grocery shopping  all Organic food and lean meat.




I spent $86.55. It is OK as I am cooking everything at the apartment.

In the afternoon I went to see a movie. It was an OK movie.
Our kids would have enjoyed watching it. I have personally been unsure on watching movie of this level. I will determine for next week whether there is any value.





Last Friday  I had a busy day,

I the morning  I had therapy.

In the afternoon I went to the gym.
It was my Zumba day.
I walked by myself to the gym as it was my Zumba evening with Caroline.

She is the smiling person with a white hat next to me.


She is used to stand next to me and to take a picture.

Obviously they have to be approved pictures by Caroline.

The ones she does not like are deleted.

By the way Miss Amanda came to the gym to bring me the Caltech Water bottle that I had forgotten at AAC.
I am reunited with my water bottle.





No comments:

Post a Comment