Monday, April 24, 2017

Monday April 24 2017

It is a mild day in Bakersfield.

The air is very pleasant and the morning temperature is reinvigorating.

I am peeling away my clothes very carefully.

The flowers at the apartment do look constantly in good shape




This morning I realized that the flowers vase in my apartment needed water.
It was really dry.
So before leaving  I made sure the soil was really moist by watering profusely.
My walk in the nearby park is always a pleasure feature of my day. 
This morning there was no newspaper at the kiosk near the apartment.
 It is OK as I had one at the AAC nevertheless.

I read the salient news of the day and then at 11am I left.  Kayla drove me here at the Homes of Hope for my work program.

Last Sunday April 23 I went to church first of all.

The gospel invites the community to be courageous.

The church was packed tight, I managed to squeezed in next to Rose. She is Cassie's grandma.
Rose mentioned that Cassie had a cold and was not able to come to church on Saturday.


At church I gave the whole outing money of $24  as offer because I did not go to the movie last Saturday.

I stopped going at the movie long time ago. 

Recently there have not been any good one to  watch for me.
Beside I like to be in control of my own time and action.

I prefer to abstain rather than to watch anything at random.

I rather stay back and write, then I give the money to church.




After church a quick lunch and  I signed out at 2pm. I  went to the gym by myself.
I followed my own  program listed above. Slowly increasing the weight of  my  exercises, with extreme care. 
In fact I have to be careful with my body and my blood pressure.
I stayed until ten minutes past four and walked back to the apartment.
I signed back in a 4:43 pm

Last Sunday my weight was  171.2 lb
I am getting slimmer and slimmer.


Today they asked me if I had a weight in mind.
I checked on my weight on the web.
A typical weight for me  is between 141 lb and 190 lb. The arithmetic average is 166 lb.

Right now I am 171 lb. This means I am still 5lb above the arithmetical average.

Last Sunday I made an amazing farfalle pasta with my home made sauce

I chopped some garlic and let is brown in a pan 


I added some fresh Basil and cut  a heirloom tomato. I added a bit of  red pepper flakes together with a can of sardine (the violet can on the image on the top)

Here you see red chills flakes


While the sauce was going I cooked the pasta al dente


When ready "al dente" I combined the pasta with the source. I preserved a glass of pasta water to moist my sauce.

I quickly cooked for a few minutes on high heat all together.


Finally it was ready for eating. I added some raw Olive Oil. 
I love pasta. It has been a long time I did not had any, but now I am back in the game.


Simply amazing 

The Mediterranean diet has been proven over and over to be the best one among the many dieting you can choose.

Last Saturday I  took care of all my own personal items at the apartment, I did all the normal cleaning of the weekend.
I cleaned it all by myself. I took care of the dust above the fridge and around the frame.

There is so much dust in the air. Anyway it is all taken care , the carpets, tiles, bathroom and places higher up  where normally housekeeping does not cover for me. I took a chair and stood over it to clean.


Then I was ready at 10:30 am to walk to Trader Joe's.

I  arrived there and greeted everybody. I brought a flower to Jamie as always.
She appreciated this gesture.
It was a really hot days so I had short sleeve
I purchased all good items, mostly Organic food.

At the end my tally was $90.77

It is all well. Finally I took pictures with Jamie with a green shirt next to me.

Hard to kneel down and come up again for me. Jamie helped me to get up on my feet.




She is such a wonderful person, everybody at the store knows me and I am spending time to greet everybody. When I have time we exchange a bit more information.

Three simple bags full of good Organic food.


By the way I finally found  the decaf coffee. 
I am using it  for  my coffee maker.



My IPC also came to my rescue and she gave me $40 of cash advance.

Whenever I low in cash she is ready to make sure I have enough money.

Simona mentioned that I am using the personal account like a bag of candies.. she is right. You see I am following my own  best judgment. 

Last Saturday I did not go to the movie, no interest in the showing.

I wrote a letter to my mother in Italy.

I wrote her in Italian. I mailed it to her on Saturday evening from Bakersfield.
The postage total amount is worth  four forever stamps to reach Italy.





Normally the mail takes a couple of weeks.



My mother back in Italy has found a piece of history.


At the time  this diploma of karate belt was issued I was barely 20 years old

I am forcing myself to eat all the accumulated food at the apartment.
Today I ate the last crockpot chicken I made. Too many potatoes. I am over it for the time being.

Well as I discovered pasta again, I am switching to pasta eating for the time being.

Simona is still attending a conference at MIT in Boston. Simona is going to be tomorrow from the East Coast. 
For the time being my mother in law Anna is taking care of the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment