Thursday, April 20, 2017

Thursday April 20

Yesterday evening I came back to the apartment and distributed the latest schedule of the week.

The patients that wanted to sign on for  certain activity were free to do so.
I was asked by the receptionist if I wanted to sign on for anything.

I did not wanted to sign on for any activity.  I like to do my own independent sport program and being  by my own.

I politely declined. I rather control my time and my activity rather than being left at the dependence of somebody else.  Control what you can.

I  do not enjoy  any longer going to the movie outing as it stands  I feel better in doing otherwise.

I typically give all the outing money as offering at church. It I feel it is  best this way.

So yesterday I had my minestrone soup from the day before and then went off to  the gym.
I signed out at 5:15pm.

I walked there on time for my class. I had cycle with Cassie Tessandori and later body pump with Sylvia Walker.

In the  static cycle  the resistance of the bike is varied to emulate a real world experience.

I  participated to the class in a  positive way.

Afterward there was a class of body-pump with Sylvia. I applied my self focusing on range of motion and a bit increasing the weight I am using. My body is getting stronger and my legs are bending a bit more. Anyway I  worked happily at the gym. I pushed myself a bit more.  I have been recuperating physically for the past years.

At 7pm it was time for me to leave and to get back to the apartment.

At the gym they gave me a cup full of candies.

I picked it up and brought it back with me.



I walked back from the gym and signed on at 7;30pm 
I got a peanut butter and banana before bed.


I already distributed the candies at the CNS reception. I brought  here at the Homes of Hope the peanut butter bar I received.


I had a good  night and slept well.

This morning I wake up with a strong headache.  I am speculating that it  is the result of yesterday physical activity.

This morning I  had money management completed  the usual amount $75 and $24.

The park is nice in the morning.



I had a very healthy breakfast with Oatmeal, peanut butter and honey. I had also blueberry, milk and cereal. A bit of coffee but I am getting off it lately. I am trying to stay out. Even at the dentist I was told it is best to avoid staining one's teeth. In practical terms everything we eat can stain and will stain depending on the level of acidity and pigmentation. You see anything you eat is contributing to the same purpose.

The flowers at the apartment are really doing  fine






my mother sent me the picture below of her flowers from Italy.
She is saying they have been  eaten by parasites.




I have been recommending her to use the following natural trick.

It is based on letting soaking a broken cigarette in water for a while.
Then using that water to vaporize on the flower.

She agrees with it. She also  mentioned that she does not have access to any body that has cigarette in her surround. So this matter is resolved.

Before leaving I set up the slow cooker with the Flank beef cut I had purchased last Monday at Trader Joe's.

I used celery stalks, carrots, potatoes. I went outside to grab a few Rosemary branches for the cooking


I patted dry the meat, then I  seasoned it with salt pepper and dry oregano.

I coarsely cut the vegetable and set it at the bottom of the pot. 
At  the top I placed the seasoned meat. A couple of bay leaves.



I let it cook on low. I set at 8am this morning. It will be done by early afternoon after six or seven hours.

I like cooking with the slow cooker. Last time I have cooked a brisket. It was a large piece of meat.

This time the Flank is  a more reasonable size. Beside I have applied far less spices than before.
Last time it was spicy. I had followed the recipe and dose recommendation.

This is the map of the cut in a beef. The Flank comes from the portion under the belly.
The brisket I cooked last time was coming from the mid location  above the front legs.



This is my work place at the Homes of Hope
A nice desk,  my laptop with the outlet on the wall.


Time to leave, see you tomorrow
Giuseppe


No comments:

Post a Comment