Thursday, April 6, 2017

Thursday April 6



Yesterday evening I distributed the new schedule at the apartment.

I have also booked for movie outing this incoming Saturday.


I am planning to catch the  movie called Ghost in the Shell.

The main actor is Scarlett Johansson




It has been a long time I have not been going over there. Last time I went to see Logan on March the 11th. Since then I did not see any movie worth watching and I gave the whole outing money to church.

Today is my pay day at the apartment. As expected I received $24 for outing and $75 for grocery.

The outing money is well calibrated for my needs, the grocery money is the part that where I tend to overspend.  I do  a lot of exercise at the gym, I like to eat well and Make all my food at the apartment.

I care about nutrition values and good healthy food.

Yesterday evening I had a good dinner and then signed out and walked to the gym on time for my class.
I signed out at 5:30pm and arrived at 6:05pm. I stayed until 7pm  and then walked back and signed in at 7:40pm.
I had cycle with Cassie Marie and later body pump with Sylvia Walker.

I am very cautiously increasing the weight I am using at the gym. I am there to be fit and healthy.

I arrived at the gym that the cycle class had already started. Yet the bicycle was waiting for me in front row. So that I could fully participate with the class lead by Cassie Marie.

I noticed she has a brand new Iwatch. She said she is using it at school for her PT class.
She greeted me, later she inquired about my kids.

I enjoyed very much my  Wednesday classes. The instructors have a lot of charisma in making sure the class is motivated and ready to work hard. Cassie keeps encouraging us with C'mon Team you can do it.

I am actually enjoying a lot the gym environment and I am there as much as possible.
Here is me before walking back and leaving. Kind of happy for the results and determined to come back soon.



I am allowed to walk by myself to the gym, let them know I reached the destination and  them let them know when I am leaving to return to the apartment. I can sign back in.
My evening happened along the well established guidelines.
Showers, a snack and evening meds.

It is getting warmer and warmer in Bakersfield.



I have resolved myself to  cautiously dressing lightly today.

Short socks, short sleeves so I can stay cool. I am wearing shirt that keeps me cool.

I am still wearing long Jeans after all I am coming to my work program.

It is a casual business dress code there is the ever present AC as otherwise we could not be here without it.

The rose at the apartment are in full blossom

Here are the latest pictures  for today



It is a great subject to take pictures of.
My  Case Manager suggested we can use these pictures to make cards to be offered to CNS's events.

I think it is a good idea like last year.

Yesterday our kids were at home doing their homework.

Chicco was reading and Lapo was studying with Anna's help.

Anna is Simona's mom.  She has come from Rome.
She is going to spend Ester time with our family.

Today I quickly had breakfast as I was more concerned with setting the crockpot going.


In a very short time I coarsely sliced an onion, several Russel potatoes, a few celery stalks and carrots.

I went ahead picked up a few rosemary branches from the CNS garden, I washed it carefully.
I added to the crockpot together with a few bay leaves.

I added a tiny bit of water. I covered with its glass cover and set it to go for when I am back.
It is going to cook by itself.

This is the way of cooking good and healthy food. Since I got the slow cooker back and running again I am a firm believer on its endless capabilities.

I am sure it is going to tastes great. After all it is a learnt experience  to cook for oneself.

I am having a lot of fun cooking anyway. My wife tells me that I am cooking only for myself and never for the kids. This is absolutely right, I am cooking for myself only. So I have all the time dedicated for me. Well it is what it is right now.

My lunch here at my work program has been the last bit of the brisket I made a few days  ago.
I had brought with me a cooked Basmati brown rice. A salad and a large grapefruit.
I am enjoying to  eat a lot of  grapefruit. It is a healthy and summer time piece of fruit.

In the meanwhile back in Italy my mother has successfully passed some medical procedure.
To celebrate she purchased a large Chocolate egg for Easter.
In Italy it is tradition to get a large chocolate egg for Easter time.

When you have kids they are all waiting for their Easter Eggs.

I am sure my mother has kept this tradition.

Easter is set for Sunday April 16, that is  in ten days.

Good Friday happens on April the 14th

No comments:

Post a Comment