Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Wednesday June 28

The kids are enjoying their summer in Rome Italy at the beach.

Here they are eating Fried Calamari -Calamari fritti.

This is a great summer food for the summer time.
Our kids love it. They were dreaming of being back in Rome to get to it.

Chicco our eldest is really savoring his calamari fritti



It looks like Chicco is really enjoying it.



Here is Lapo our youngest working on his portion of Calamari. He is very focused on this task.


I believe both the kids are eager to eat all the good food they will find only in Rome.
It is part of their experiencing the life back in Italy.

It is part of the things they love to do when they are over there.

They both needed a hair cut.

They normally have one in Rome as a part of their routine.

Yesterday at the apartment I  wrote a letter for the boys. 

I am keeping the letter I am writing at the apartment for the time when they are coming back.


  By the time they are back I will have a large stack for them to read.

I had a fast dinner and then went to the gym.

I cooked salmon with Quinoa. I kept it half for today's lunch

Cassie the supervisor dropped me off over there.

I had  body pump with Ellie. A lot of range of motion, light weight and repetitions.

I am focusing on my lower extremities, on my abdominal and shoulders.

I like to work out in a conscious way, that is by listening to my body.

I feel I am not over doing it. 

Whenever I pump too hard it is bad for me because the next day I have a bad head ache.

Well the way I am going around with it is that I am taking a lot of  cold showers. 
This lowers my blood pressure. 

It will have some other consequence too but hey I like it anyway.
Beside whenever I am walking back on my own like yesterday I am really hot.

When I arrived at the apartment the CNS van stopped to ask me if I wanted a ride.

Because I was just a few feet away I  declined of course. 

I love the loneliness of the pedestrian walk of the area.


Everybody drives of course. 
The local choice is for big trucks with perfectly useless feature like flat bead, net on the pack   and an excessively large engine. They like gas guzzler.

Because I am capable of walking.
Whatever the situation might be I am walking.
It builds lungs capacity and muscle.



My mother is doing well in Verona Italy. I called her this morning.
After a strong heat wave over there today  it was thunder-storming and  raining hard.

Over the phone I could hear the rumbling of the storm.

She was enjoying the much needed break on the heat wave, the cooler weather and a more pleasant temperature.

The humidity in the air dropped significantly. 

This is a typical summer thunderstorm.

My wife in Rome had delayed to visit  her for a few days.  

My mother is in the process of  installing new air conditioning units at home.

It is good to have it on hands.

It allows her to have a break from the humid heat  and for my family to visit her with ease.

I had a good breakfast. I had a new type of cereal. I like it a lot. 

It is called organic high fiber Os. 


I am quoting:

Each serving contains nine grams of dietary fiber, seven grams of protein and only one gram of fat - and none of those nasty trans fats, either


I could not find the ones I am normally getting at the store.

They will be doing just fine for a bit



I roamed free at the park this morning. 
I thrown away some trash belonging to  the CNS. It was a big bag today. 
I found it at the reception were I had my money management done today.
This morning is the receipt day. Tomorrow is my actual pay day.

 I bet there is going to be a large trash bag as well. 

Before leaving I cleaned carefully the apartment



Picked up the trash and made sure to throw it in the big bin.
This time it was my own trash.


I waited for the shack to be open.

This is really a small construction in front of the apartment with nothing of noticeable in it.
Outside I was ambushed by three people.

My Case Manager, My Innovation Program Coordinator and a person that works for CNS by the name of Mitch.

They had to "talk" to me.

Mitch had a claim on me. Without any evidence to support it, only his claim in my opinion it is not a  valid claim.  It is not an admissible claim in a court of law it will not be admissible.


Simona called me today at lunch. She was concerned because she could not reach  me on the phone.

She walked me through the setting and in fact it was set in do not disturb  mode.

Setting-do not disturb- manual on

In  fact I had been loosing any call on my phone.

She managed to made me set it in the correct way.

She alert me about it by sending me an email and by asking me to call her.

This morning she took the kids  for a hair cut and a good rich gelato (Italian ice cream)
 Here is Lapo getting is hair taken care of.



Here are the boys eating a rich gelato.

You will notice that there  is panna on the top of the gelato
Chicco has his hair trimmed 





Lapo is showing his great treat


They both appear to be in great health
It is a farily common practice to eat gelato in Italy.
Particularly when the boys are there they have to recharge the batteries with all the good treats over there.






No comments:

Post a Comment