Friday, May 5, 2017

Friday May 5 2017

It is a much cooler day today in Bakersfield.
I went back and forth this morning and finally decided to stay in shorts rather than long pants.

I am making a conscious effort to adapt to the weather.

The temperatures is  expected to drop over the weekend, so I will  go back to the use of jeans.

It is also forecast rain for this  Sunday.

I am staying in cool place. My apartment, my morning shower is warm to cold. My breakfast is warm as well.

I had a good Organic breakfast this morning


I briefly talked to out eldest Chicco, he was very quick and short with time. They had to go to school.

I did not spoke with anybody else.

It is fine by me.

The usual flowers next to the apartment  in the morning


Jean is taking a good care of these plants.

Jean  is of French origin. He speaks a good French.
One in mid April I had the chance of talking in French with him.


As every day I walked in the park around a bit, there was no newspapers, I walked nevertheless around the park, To enjoy the morning hours and do my morning walk.




I boarded the bus to go to the AAC.

Over there they had a paper available.

I read it  this morning, and then left it there for their use. At 11 am I came here at my work program.

Yesterday evening I did not go to the gym.

I compiled my list for grocery shopping on Saturday morning.

I then spent time cooking and writing to the boys.

A simple letter telling them what I am doing and how I am doing.


I sent it yesterday evening at home in La Canada. 

I guess this morning it is being collected and it will arrive at home post weekend.
Something in the mail for the boys to read.


I am writing to my kids, I want to let them know they are being still part of my life even if we are in two separate locations.
I have accepted it and I am doing my best to keep up with them.

I  had an eggplant that needed to be taken care of.

So I cut it into thin slices. I cleaned a whole garlic head and minced with my cooking knife.


 I minced the garlic with my cooking knife.
I sliced the last Basil leaves I had.




I saute in a pan one slice of eggplant after the other.

In a plastic container I layered  it alternating  eggplant,basil, minced garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and a lot of Olive Oil.


It looks amazing. It will be staying in the fridge to soak and macerate in the Oil.
This is a good way of preserving for a short term. The plastic container is good for short term.

The Oil prevent the air to reach the eggplant, so it keeps the oxidation away.

Had I have a fancier why to store it - like a glass jar- it would be able to be preserved for longer time.

My dinner has been a healthy one, several boiled eggs with Organic Mayo, a healthy salad and some brown breads, sparkling water.



After ward I cleaned accurately everything, the counter and the floor.

It is easy to keep up with the cleaning task once it is done on a regular basis.


Time to eat today the home of hope closes at 1:30pm
Time to go earlier 

No comments:

Post a Comment