Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Tuesday May 23

It is another warm day in California.

It is going to be about 100F during the day.

Another ordinarily hot day and it is not August yet..

After a cold shower this morning I had a good breakfast.
Cold and warm cereal with Chia Seeds and yogurt.


I  went for a walk at the nearby park.
Pushing from my heels and bending my legs in order to walk better.
Pendulum movements with my arm to balance the walk.


The usual flowers near the apartment, so beautiful








I helped around to throw a big bag of trash from the stairs near the nursing office.

It is alright, it is good for my balance.

I got the last newspaper of the day.

I boarded the bus en route to the Mnt Vernon Clinic.

Over there I distributed some of my stickers to the people working there. It is for their kids.

I read the newspaper to the other patients, went through the news of the day at 11 am I signed out and came at the House of Hope for my work program.

News of the day: Trump is having a great time in Saudi Arabia and everybody is making sure he is sticking to his script.  An attack  in London has killed a lot of innocent people. I do not want to dwell on it has otherwise it would serve as a propaganda tools for the perpetrators.

Once at the Homes of Hope  I greeted the kids playing in the park and gave them all the stickers I had today.

Yesterday evening I went to the gym. 

Before going I cooked my dinner. I prepared an Arlecchino Salmon
Last Saturday I had purchased Atlantic Salmon at Trader Joe's. It was time to cook it on time.


I  have lightly marinated the salmon with lemon juice, paprika, black pepper and red pepper flakes.

Because I had some broccoli already cooked  in the fridge I used it as a side of the salmon



Additionally I made a healthy season salad. Spinach, carrots, heirloom tomatoes  and cucumber.


And of course after cooking, there is the kitchen to clean 


And the faucet full of plates to load in the dishwasher



When ready I asked the staff to drive me to the gym and then to pick me up.

In the evening a  sup Miss Cassandra drove me there. She has a really big red SUV.
At the gym I had Yoga with Lilli - a lot of flexibility  and stability poses. Some of it  are out of my current reach. At least the gym is a cold environment. I have only certain flexibility I care of. I am aware that both my back muscle and my piriformis muscle  are my weak points. 
So I am protecting it carefully.


After Yoga with Lilli, it was my time of static cycle with Misty




Before leaving I am always taking a picture with my teacher of the day.

Everybody knows it and appreciates the fact I am a dedicated customers.

For instance Misty - at my right - knows it very well.

She mentioned she will not be around on Memorial day, that is on the last Monday of May.



Once the gym was done I came back with CNS -Tayler drove me back to  the apartment.
It is too hot for me to walk outside.

I came back and got a cold shower with a simple banana snack, my evening meds. Finally Nursing came with my sleeping aid  meds.

I had a good night and then at 6:00 am I magically was up and running again.

My day proceeded as explained at the top of the page.

After the clinic I am here at the Homes of Hope filling my recent events.

I had a good lunch, as always based on yesterday evening  dinner left over.

 

Simona called me this morning, to tell me she was very busy and anyway she could not pick up the phone.
I fully understand she is busy with her work at Caltech. I sent her a text message she can read whenever she might have time.

I am find it interesting the following reading, related to my past... it used to be an interest source of news... nowadays it offers some distant memories

Anyway I am glad some companies are able to thrive the current competitive arena

Here at work a new more powerful air conditioner is being installed. It is going to be operational within a few hours. It is getting really hot here in Bakersfield.

No comments:

Post a Comment