Thursday, May 11, 2017

Thursday May 11 2017

Yesterday evening as I  had planned  in advance  I made some healthy penne pasta.

I made the sauce first.
As a base I used some tomato basil marinara sauce with Basil I purchased at Trader Joe's.




I made the soffritto with garlic and  added marinated eggplant slices that I had made earlier during the week.
I mixed it with a can of anchovies


I cooked the farfalle pasta al dente. 
The sauce was gently boiling . It is called "pippiare la salsa"
This is a  word that I have borrowed from the language of Naples.  
I drained the pasta al dente and saved a couple of spoons of water for mixing to the sauce.


The   pasta al dente  was combined  with fresh tomatoes and red pepper flakes 


I also  added some fresh basil leaves 


I let it cook gently for a few minutes then added Parmesan Cheese and raw Olive Oil


It resulted in a creamy and delicious home made sauce for the pasta.
Wonderfully executed and delicious to smell.

For dinner I had my healthy pasta dinner with a piece of fruit.

Then I was ready for the gym

I was dropped off at the gym by miss Iesha an NRS so  I was on time.

Yesterday I had static cycle with Cassie and Body pump with Sylvia.

The gym was packed and hot.

I enjoyed both my classes.

Static cycle is a good cardio.

Afterward I had body pump with Sylvia.
I like this class and  I  was able to pump some iron.

Not too much as I do not  have  such ambitions nor I am able to do too much.

I have no ambition of  becoming a bulky person,  I rather stay fit and lean.

Beside in general whenever I have been applying my body with too much stress I had my head hurting.
Lately I am surprised as it is has been fine.

I am working on bending my legs while keeping my balance. Something that historically I have had many limitations to do.

Here is me after the healthy workout before leaving the gym.

I found this picture on the web. It is of  my home town Verona in Italy.

It is a view from the Teatro Romano (Roman Theater)
The river flowing across is the Adige river.

A friend of mine told me that the church in the picture is the church of Santa Anastasia.

This morning I had money management completed.
$75 for grocery and $24 for outing.

I  made time to set the slow cooker going. Inside spatchcocked chicken with Lemon zest


I set on low and it will be  cooking for 8 hours


The flowers are always blooming in a concert of colors and shapes.





I roamed around the park as always to get the blood flowing through my body

It is a warm day again, I am set with short pans, a T shirt and a lot of sun screeen


There was no newspaper today so I returned the money a the reception.
First I told them that the kiosk stolen my money, they were ready to give me more when I showed them that I still had the old change. Miss Mary looked at me and had a good laugh.

Honesty and Integrity above all.

At some point I had a healthy Organic breakfast.

Oatmeal, peanut butter and honey. Cold cereal -high fiber-with milk and Organic medley.

An Organic Blueberry Yogurt with Chia Seeds.


I boarded the bus and went to Mnt Vernon Clinic.
I greeted everybody distributed my stickers and read the newspapers of the day.
At the clinic they had the latest newspaper of the day.

I was asked to read the Horoscope ... but hey beside I do not believe in the horoscope I do not think this is a good approach to lead believe the others to believe in it.

I am a believer when it comes to matter of church. This is what I am believing upon.

Let it rest and live it to this.
 My mother in Italy is attending some conference.

For instance this is the latest one she was part of.

The event took place at the Hotel due Torri

This is the picture of one of its rooms


Today I will make the list of grocery shopping for Saturday and then I will go to the gym as well.
I have Turbokick with Scott.

For lunch I had the left over past I made the other day



I would like to buy some zucchini squash.




No comments:

Post a Comment