Friday, March 17, 2017

Friday March 17 2017

Today it is celebrated in the US the feast of S. Patrick day.
It is a typical Irish celebration.


Everybody has to wear green. 
I took care of it this morning. I am always having my green eyes with me at the very least.

My  breakfast for the day... good and healthy
Oatmeal, cereal high fiber, crumbled nuts, mixed cereal


I had a coffee with the usual frothed milk.


Near the apartment I have  noticed the following  snail.

It is doing fine, it has a very interesting chipped shell.


After my breakfast I went for a walk at the park near the apartment.

I am enjoying my  walking  in the morning and relaxing as if I were busy with some walking  meditation.
I feel the temperature of the day, the sun and hair quality.

It makes my morning going fast, my blood pressure going down and my head feeling better.

Here is my daily picture at the park


I called home and everybody was busy, the family was getting ready for their day.

Today the kids are at school and later they will be busy  with a  basket activity. I will not be able to find them at home. Anyway I am going to give them a call.

Simona is going to be very busy at Caltech University.
Several students of her  have exams scheduled with Prof Bordoni as my wife is known at Caltech.

She has too much scientific work accumulated with her maiden name to be able to switch half way to a different name. I support her choice.

As she is busy I am kindly invited not to call her on her cell phone.

She is going to call me when she has time. I am duly complying  with her wish.

While in the park I called my mother in Verona, Italy using Skype.

She mentioned that she was going to attend a conference of the book club she is taking part of.
She is doing fine. She is happy knowing that the Salonpas Pain Relieve patch  box is working a bit in easing my backache. Well as a matter of fact it comes and goes depending on my occupation.

When I stands it is maximum, when I seat it is better. It varies throughout my day.


 Today my back is actually painful and steaf.  I need to warm it up a bit, because later  tonight I have Zumba waiting for me at the gym.

I am reading that actually it depends on the abdominal muscle being able to keep the spine in a good  and aligned posture.
 So I am consciously make the effort to tensing  it.

Yesterday evening  I did not go to the gym.

I was too  busy with more pressing activities.

I cleaned the fridge by  carefully washing  all the compartments.

I took all  out and washed it with soaped water.

I made sure the food was all good and then I put back everything.


It is all clean and up to date.

The food in the crock pot  cooked overnight and it was ready.
Pepper corn beef with cabbage.


Because I had so much cabbage, I set it on the slow cooker and I cooked  the left over cabbage  on the stove with some pancetta and Coconut Oil. It was time for me to cook the pancetta. 


It is a really good recipe out of my own creation.

In between  I wrote a letter to the boys.

I enjoy very much writing to the both of them as  I am taking time out of my day to think about them all.
They enjoy receiving it. I hand it to them when they come and visit me.
I normally  address it  to Chicco - our eldest- to Lapo - our youngest- and my wife.
The all family is covered.


I had a cabbage, pancetta and pepper corn beef for dinner

I enjoyed eating it, however it has too much pepper corn for my personal preference. I am  not used to this type of spice. 

For instance I like a different type of spices: wasabi, soy sauce and ginger.
The classical sushi's ones.

It is getting warm enough to make a Salmon ceviche again.

I waited for the pepper corn beef to cool down and later cut it diagonally against the grain per the instruction I have read on the web.




This morning before leaving I set again the slow cooker going.

A lot of veggies and a couple of chicken legs to slowly cook while I am gone.
That little machine does marvelous cooking.

I talked with my mother back in Italy. She is telling me that it does not exist in Italy.

Weather forecast: today until Monday is going to be 27 C
Tuesday is going to be 24C and a cooling trend well into the very low 20 is going to develop from Wednesday into Wednesday of the following week,
I am doing much better when it is cold rather than when it gets hot.
Enjoy the reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment