Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Tuesday March 28

It is a cool day in Bakersfield. About 20 C. I like when the weather is cold. I handle far better the cold than the hot weather.

In fact I have learned to take my shower warm and then after rinsing well I am turning  the water to cold and I get a nice refreshing cold shower.

It works for me in the morning and whenever I have a headache.
I had a good breakfast this morning early at 6:30 am




Oatmeal, cold cereal with blueberry and Organic Milk.
An Organic yogurt with Chia Seeds.
A good coffee with frothed milk.

I then took a stroll at the nearby park

The roses at the apartment are finally blossoming




Park walking in the morning to enjoy the early morning of the day. Pushing from my heels and bending my legs to assume a natural pendulum like  motion with my arm.
I am trying hard to walk better and better.


There was no newspapers today so I got one at AAC.

I greeted everybody, read the salient news of the day, talked a bit with my wonderful Case Manager and at 11 am I came to my work program.

I am recollecting the salient facts and feelings of the day.

Simona called me this morning from the  Spring break location at Mammoth mountain. The whole family is in Spring break so they are skiing on the slopes. At the last minutes Simona organized this little gateway with Stefano, his wife  Jen  and his two sons Dario and Renzo. They are  all good friends of the family.

Simona and the boys are also skiing. She mentioned that they are all using  protective helmets and mask to fend off the cold hair. The boys are in two separate groups of skiers according to their age and fitness level. Simona's mom also came with them. Anna is staying with the family for a bit.

Here is a view of Mammoth taken from the web.



Yesterday evening  I had my dinner and went to the gym

In the evening I also had time to write to my family


I  cooked a good dinner with Quinoa and boiled eggs


I had the eggs with a bit of Light Organic Mayo.



It was time for me to walk to the gym. I left at 5:25pm and I got there at 5;52pm. On time for my Yoga class with Lilli. A bit late actually but I  walked  by paying attention to the rules of the pedestrian traffic and yielding to the car traffic so that I could safely go  to the gym . For Yoga good stretching and good balance poses. Good breathing exercise. For this class there are a few people that are really capable of arching their back and do amazing things with their body. I am not that kinds of individual, I am happy by being and feeling fit.


Afterward I had static cycle with Misty. She is the person behind me. 
Always patiently agreeing in a taking a picture with me.


At 7pm it was time for me to leave the gym. While the class was still on going I got ready to go.
I stretched my legs and my body and then I came back to the apartment walking by myself.
I signed back in at 7;40pm
Safely and relaxed from my trip.


By the way at the gym I greeted  Nina Elise. Sylvia Walker daughter.
Sylvia is an instructor at the 24 fitness gym.
I asked Nina Elise about the name of her uncle who is the musical director at the St. Philips the Apostle church. She reminded me that her uncle's name is Xavier. I had forgotten about it.
It is noted both in my memory book and my phone.

Once back I had a snack a shower my evening meds and back to sleep.

For lunch today I had a left over pizza. I made it over the weekend and now it is all gone.

I had a Quinoa and a grapefruit.


I am looking into educating myself about flower bulb.
Today my mother mentioned  that they are capable of reproducing their capability at each flowering season.
She mentioned that after the flowers are gone I should be able to dig out the bulbs from the soil.

I should be able to let the bulb to dry out and in this way it will be ready again - after hibernation- to be planted another time.
Pretty amazing if you think about it.
Here is some interesting reading at this link, here is another link

The primary function of these underground storage structures is to store nutrient reserves to ensure the plants' survival.


Once the foliage dies back or matures in the late spring or early summer, the bulb is dormant. Summer is the dormant period for spring bulbs. As the foliage dies back, the roots that nourish the bulbs also die back. With fall rains, the bulb comes out of summer dormancy and roots begin to grow again to provide the bulb nutrients and moisture.
Once the spring bulbs enter dormancy, the time is right to dig the bulbs if needed. Some bulbs benefit from digging to divide the bulbs and spread them out over the bed.
If the choice is to dig bulbs, they should be stored in a well ventilated place and replanted in the fall. Every five years daffodils and crocus should be dug and replanted to prevent overcrowding. The first sign of overcrowding will be a decrease in the flower size, uneven bloom and uneven plant height. When this occurs, dig, spread bulbs out and replant immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment