Thursday, March 2, 2017

Thursday March 2 2017

I am doing better and better.

My sciatic nerve is still inflamed and does feel  tight. I am doing my stretches to loosen it up.

Today I had a Tylenol medication to get trough my day, it is making its effect.

I  had been walking at the park near the apartment  to enjoy my day.

As every Thursday I had money management completed. It was $75 for Grocery and $24 for outing.

I have more than enough of money to last me for  a while as Simona gave it directly to me when she was here last time. I do not expect to get any extra money for the time being.

As they told me I cleaned out my Personal Account.

It is a nice day outside and temperature is cold. It is 16C right now.

I had a fast breakfast today.

Oatmeal from the other day,cereal with milk and medley mixed grain.

Yogurt with a lot of Chia seeds.


A bit of Italian coffee. I have been asked what kind of coffee I drink
Here is a picture of it.
This is the ground espresso coffee for my cuccuma coffee machine.

I slept well last night. My back pain is subsiding  a bit.

I  distributed the schedule for the week to all the apartment. 
I know they are waiting for it anyway and they do not act in getting it. 
Or perhaps CNS is let them wait as it knows I am distributing it.
Either way it is what it is.

I distribute the schedule and then at 5pm booked for the Maya theater for this weekend.

Yesterday evening I have  been cooking and writing a letter to my mother in Italy.

Soon it is going to be women day and I sent her a letter.

I am not sure it is going to reach her on time, anyway it is the though that matter.

So here it is,  the letter I composed and sent her by US mail yesterday evening.

It is written in Italian of course my mother language.


I have been cooking my dinner so no gym

For dinner I made a good chicken broth. I used the chicken tights that needed to be used rather than the chicken legs in the pictures.

I cooked a healthy minestrone soup. As I mentioned, I ended up using the chicken that had an earlier expiration date. 

I cut celery, onion, carrot and smashed a couple of cloves of garlic.
A lot of organic yellow onions.

I went outside to collect some fresh rosemary from the CNS's bushes.


Here is me cooking with my apron



I washed and sorted some dry lentils. 

Then added some Organic Quinoa to the soup.



I added a couple of leave of bay leaf,  sage and thyme.

I also added pyramid salt and used a bouillon cube from Simona.

This morning I took the van and went to the old clinic.
I read the salient news of the day.
I tried to get the interest of the patients around me.

At somebody everybody disappeared to get a picture outside the old clinic as it is going to be demolished. 

They all have given consent for the pictures.

I did not feel like and I did not went outside for a group picture.

I like it this way anyway.

As I had time my Case Manager dropped by to check on me on the status of a pending item.
We exchanged a brief status quo, she notated the matter  and then went away.

I signed off and came her at the Homes of Hope,

I  worked at the desk, I have a blog that I keep to record the salient events of the day and the feeling worth reporting.

Some times I get off track and I write things I should not be writing.

I  have the chance of correcting it the next day. Normally I am doing my best to fix things up.

Today it is the birthday of  Elisa. She is the daughter of my mother's cousin.

She leaves in Fano, Italy.

She mentioned that she has a little 7 years old son, Same age as Lapo our youngest son.
My mother is doing better.
She mentioned that she cooked  baked vegetable.

It is a classic Italian way preparing a complete lunch.

You can recognize staffed eggplant, zucchini, pepper and large  tomatoes.

Everything staffed with bread crumble, spices and whatever you have available that day.

It does not have to be complicated, in fact the simpler the better.


I am using a lot of different way to  fill it.

I like to use healthy and savory food.

I have retrieved the following recipe for soy citrus chicken drumstick using a crock pot.





I am planning to try it very soon.

It is going to take 4 to 5 hours cooking time.

Here is a link on how to make lemon Zest


Whichever method you use, the key idea is to only remove the very top layer of skin and as little as possible of the spongy white pith lying just beneath. All of the aromatic and tasty oils reside in that top layer, while the pith starts to get pretty bitter.
Is this how you zest lemons



Enjoy the reading


No comments:

Post a Comment