Friday, January 15, 2016

Friday January 15

Yesterday the day went fast and we went back to the apartment earlier.

I had the chance of cleaning the items I felt were in need.

I washed all my clothes, dried carefully and folded away in a neat way.

My  latest Patagonia sweater  got washed as well as it needed to be cleaned.

I made a careful list for Grocery Shopping, making sure I do not add duplicated Items I already have at home. This time I am  going back to Trader Joe's after a long hiatus.
Finally  I had time I proceeded with my  relaxing activity: cooking. I prepared a healthy minestrone soup on the stove.

I cut a great  variety of vegetables: celery, carrots, potatoes, onion and a bouillon cube.


Once the soup was ready I added Olive Oil and  Parmesan Cheese.
I also used a frozen meat ball I made earlier to dip in   the soup.
 The dinner came out  really well.

Congratulation to my inventive, intuition and great sense of proportion.


As I was cooking I wrote a letter to my boys. In English and block letters. The boys  only read English. At home we also speak Italian . They boys do speak both Italian and English.


On the back of the paper I wrote a note in Italian for my wife Simona.

 I call it a nested egg as if it were a piece of computer code.

Yesterday I sent the letter to my family at home in  La Canada.


As I was busy with all these activities I did not go to the gym... it was my Zumba day. I did my own Zumba back at the apartment with these activities.



I took advantage of cleaning the apartment carefully. Washing all the surfaces and the floor. I like it to be clean as much as I can.

Blake Shelton was playing as I was cleaning.

Today the boys are at school as usual. Simona is giving a guest lecture at UCLA. She has been invited as a guest speaker by Raffaella (Ra). She is from Rome as well. She was a school mate of Simona at the time she was at UCLA.

Raffaella family's is part of our friends. Her husband Bob is Professor of Mechanical Engineering at Caltech. Her son Luca is a good friend of our kiddos.


Today I had a good breakfast. I added a kiwi to my morning diet.
Full of Vitamin C.


At the reception I purchased a pin for my boys. I looked up in the net  for the meaning of   "XOXO" . It actually  means" hugs and kisses".



Today is a pleasant and cold day. I took my daily stroll in the adjacent park, get my daily newspapers and helped to trow the trash that Dag gently let me found over the stairs every week day. In this way I can get better, move faster and stay healthier.

I added the picture of the park in its original size. You have to scroll the bars below to enjoy the full view.



A nice and cold day. No rain today
Enjoy the reading.
Sincerely
Giuseppe





No comments:

Post a Comment