Monday, January 4, 2016

Monday January 4th 2015

Walking at the park near the apartment. A nice day to do a bit of exercise in the morning.


Our kids are back at school after the Xmas break.
Simona took the boys to school. I wished them a good day  before taking the bus. to CNS.

Simona mentioned that today the kids are going to Taekwon do hence I will not be able to find them at home.

Nevertheless I will leave them a message.



Yesterday evening I made a lentil soup to celebrate New Year.
It is said that lentil brings prosperity and good luck for the incoming year.



I chopped onion, celery, carrot, potatoes, a bouillon cube. It has been simmering for an hour. 
Finally I added Parmesan cheese and Olive Oil.

I did not add any pasta no rice in order to avoid the moisture to be absorbed by it.


As I was cooking I wrote a letter to my boys. I like writing to my family as much as I can
Obviously the boys read English and Block letters only.

When I am writing to Simona,  I use  Italian and normal cursive letter.




The daily flowers are the current ones. The auto-focus feature is locking the focus on my iphone.



Over the weekend I was home with the family.




On Sunday we all went to S.Bede church in La Canada.

Any person that treat another with respect it is God. God is everywhere.
We need to recognize it. We need to let go our mind set and to recognize that God is everywhere.Be yourself, be good, recognize God is everywhere.
This year' wish: peace and prosperity.

 Over there I had a new calendar with S. Francis pope.
Over there I had a new calendar with S. Francis pope. I greeted Stefani and Monsignor Antonio the celebrating person at church.

He is from a town near Rome, Italy. He speaks to us in Italian.

We always stop by the greeted him warmly,

On Sunday afternoon we went with the boys at the Rosebowl. They had swimming lesson.
The boys are swimming better and better.
Lapo is working hard on his  brest stroke style.







The three  wise kings stopped by in La Canada..

Simona got a nice sweater.


Chicco got a new toys


He also had new sweater.



I got as well a new sweater



We all got useful articles of clothing. 


Lapo received the  Lego Kylo Ren's command Shuttle from Star War. He will be a busy for a few hours.

We all   we all went to S.Bede church in La Canada. Over there I had a new calendar with S. Francis pope. I greeted Stefani and Monsignor Antonio the celebrating person at church.

He is from a town near Rome, Italy. He speaks to us in Italian.

We always stop by the greeted him warmly,


After the morning activities we stopped by to Blaze Pizza to grabbed a pizza on the go.




The boys got to play at home. Chicco with the tablet, Lapo with Simona's old Iphone. They were connected using the home router.




We took a stroll in Santa Monica. 


Lapo stopped by to pose for a picture with the Blue bus stop.


The boys stood next to parked nice car. It is an old type of Porche made car.


We grabbed a  Frozen Nitrogen Gelato.
It is a very highly choreographic way to prepare gelato.

It uses the low temperature of liquid Nitrogen. Also the fact tha it boils at room temperature and makes a lot of vapor. I remember using Liquid Nitrogen every day when I was doing my PhD in France.


I keep the Germanium detector at 77k hence it was cooled with liquid Nitrogen. A great way to use the technology.


In Santa Monica we grabbed a very good Pizza. The pizzeria is called Pizza Antica.
We shared a big pizza Margherita with Prosciutto Cotto


I had arancini and kale as appetizer.



Simona had a  tomato mozzarella and basil


We all shared a good dinner together.

Only in Santa Monica  a Dinosaur for the Season.


We went to visit our good friends. Raffaella, Bob. Bob is standing here next to me. He made me a present of a good Lavazza Rossa coffee.




Simona, myself and the boys went around S.Monica with Maria Grazia. She is Raffaella's sister.
Simona and Maria Grazia had the chance of doing shopping. We went along with the girls as they seldom have time to do shopping by looking for things they care of.

Simona and Maria Grazia had a lot of fun.

We all add lunch at home one day. We got lunch at home one of the past days.

We had fettuccine with Parmesan Cheese. We made a lemon juice from the lemon tree of Bob.

It is all good.



I  brought for Jolanta some presents that Simona gave me over the weekend.

Chocolates and cookies. 



Enjoy the reading

For lunch I had a good lentils soup with grapes.




I talked to Simona who was busy working.

She is my wonderful wife. Whenever she sneezes she says Urca! 

Lapo leaned to say Urca as well whenever he feels like it is the time to mimic his mom.
Baci mon amour
Sincerely
Giuseppe





2 comments:

  1. I didn't know that was a saying associated with lentils. Well, if that is the case, maybe people should make a habit of drinking a cup of hot lentil soup at midnight. Who knows? Personally, I like lentils in vegetarians stews and in Jamaican patties. There's a place I've visited that makes a great Jamaican lentil patties. Absolutely delicious and healthy.

    Bernice Cunningham @ Guardian Industries

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to make lentil soup a lot in England, but I've never heard of adding Parmesan cheese. That actually sounds delicious, so I'm going to try it next time I make lentil soup. Cheese does tend to make everything better, so I don't know why it never occurred to me before. You should post some recipes so that we can try your soups as you make them!

    Tony @ ASP Dallas Pool Company

    ReplyDelete