Monday, March 14, 2016

Monday March 14 2016

Today is 3-14 also called Pi Day. When you look at the first 3 number's of today date it makes 3-14.

Hence it looks like the mathematical entity pi-Greek.

For the ones that appreciate this matter it is a very interesting date to pay attention to.

My weekend was a good one.
Simona's mom Anna has arrived at home to help Simona and the boys.

Anna is coming from Rome, Italy where she normally resides.

Over the weekend I did a lot of activities.

Last Friday I went to the movie (for the time being it was moved to Friday)

I saw Zootopia. In my opinion it is a great movie by Disney. I enjoy it a lot.
Far better than the one I saw two weeks ago. It was Zoolandia. An example of how to waste money, time and talents.





At the movie I had edamame and green tea. 

Last week it has been raining. 
That is when I got cold and  got my cough.


Last weekend I wrote to my family.

I sent my letters:  I added a small drawing for Lapo.  I found it  at Trader Joe's.

My letters are addressed to our house in  La Canada. 

To my kids I  am writing in English and block letter as it is  normal for them all.

Normally Chicco has time to read it.

I am addressing  the whole family : Chicco, Lapo and Simona (Amore mio)

  also sent a letter to my sister Isabella. She leaves  in Germany.

Soon it is going to be her birthday I wrote her in Italian and cursive.

A small Happy Birthday (Buon Compleanno) sign was included as well.






Before sending it, I emailed her and asked  for her address in Germany. 

She was prompt in giving it to me. 

I much prefer to take the time to get the right address rather than sending something to an approximate address. 

On Saturday morning I cleaned the whole apartment and washed all my attire. 
I used the facilities in the 500 building.

The   normal cleaning routine for the weekend.

I then went to do grocery shopping at Trader Joe's.

Jamie, Garry, Tabi, Moses  and   and the whole people of the community were happy to see me there 


I had a very good time. Jamie is the nice lady at my right hand side.

She is always happy to see me going over there. I am happy as I am having a good shopping experience.

I spent  $78.36 . While at the counter I put back a few items that where extra in order to keep my expenses under control.


Jamie mentioned that there is a bad flu going around town, so I need to be patient and to weather mine out.
In talking about Simona I mentioned her that Anna has arrived from Italy to help the family.

Jamie  said that a great grandma is unique as she helps a lot the whole family.


I have been enjoying my latest equipment for becoming a true barista.

Recently Simona sent me a milk frother.

It is the little cylindrical pot in the picture.
It is equipped with a piston that goes up and down vertically.

The piston's end  has a little net that airs or froths  the milk.

In this way the milk get foamed, it increase its volume by incorporating air



It woks great to make a cappuccino in the morning.

On Sunday morning  went to church at the S. Philippe church in Bakersfield.

It was not a good experience for me, we were on time, I was appreciative for this matter.

An NRS was with me and Gilbert.

She sat next to me and played the whole time with her phone.



In my opinion, NRSs should not be  allowed to use their phone at church... 

Least playing with it and showing no respect for the place nor the people surrounding her.
I my view if your job is such that you are going to church: behaves accordingly to this place please.

I reported this observation of mine to Miss Amanda, she mentioned to send her an email so that  she is going to take care of it.

After church I went by myself to the gym.

I signed out let them know about my whereabouts.

I walked on the sidewalk. I used the traffic light to gross the street and waited for the appropriate signal to go ahead. Going back and forth to the gym from the apartment is a 5.5 miles very enjoyable walk.







At the gym   I focused on my extremities:  range of motion, precision of movement and repetition.

I took my weight just before leaving. 

I am 177.6lb. I am dropping a pound per week in a steadily trend.


I worked a lot on my core as well.




I called the CNS  once I was ready to leave. I did my walk back and signed back in.
It is all good.

This morning beside throwing the usual trash I have been walking in the park for a couple of miles.




At the AAC I read the newspaper but a laryngitis is really limiting the  range of use of my voice.

I filled the blog for the past weekend.

I am retrieving the pictures of the Camelia at the apartment.




I had  a fast lunch standing still. The lunch room was filled to capacity. I ate standing on a corner.

I am only seating if  I am able to have lunch by myself outside.

 Right now it is cold and I have a laryngitis so I am staying inside.

I had carrots. pork tenderloin and a pear: protein and carbs.

It is all proportional to my physical activity.


Our kids went to school. They had the ciambellone that Simona made the other day.


At AAC there are a lot of people coughing one way or the other.

It is clearly the time for being sick.
Enjoy the reading
Sincerely
Giuseppe














No comments:

Post a Comment