Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Tuesday March 1 2016

It is a warm and sunny day in Bakersfield.

my usual routine for today.. taking care of my own well being, walking in the park, snapping pictures of the beautiful flowers near the apartment.





This is the park today, tweeting and full of natural sounds. 



Yesterday I went to the gym.
I had Yoga with Alma and cycle with Britney.

I set the bike high so that I could fully extend my legs to a their full range of motion.

Britney mentioned she felt hurt when I did not take a picture last time I did cycle,

While at the gym Miss Alexis R. did my coverage.
As agreed at 7pm it was time for me to go back to the apartment.

Beforehand I was cooking and while cooking I wrote to my family.


I prepared Tilapia lightly panned with capers.
Also I cooked Asparagus.

Miss Amanda called me for a dinner but it was too late  and I had already made different plan for the day.






Here are my notes for the Mediation session with Matt.

Today's topic is Not Self. The not self strategy is such that we experience something based on the six senses. When the mind settled down we understand mindfulness.

When we meditate we settle out mind and look inside our own mid.

We take the prospective of being an observer. It helps to de-identify our self. It means letting the thoughts and feeling  to pass away. We watch it leaves going by as if we were on a river stream.

Matt mentioned a very interesting question:

Q: Is the mountain over there heavy?
A: No unless you have to pick it up..

this means we learn to train our mind to let go with any distracting thoughts. It is an interesting way of seeing things.


Today at AAC I received a certificate of appreciation from Miss Amanda.  went volunteering at the house of hopes a couple of weeks ago.  I also received a gift card for an ice cream at  Cold Stone. The Cold Stone gift card is worth $10.00




Simona is aware of it. We will bring the boys one of these days to have an ice cream for the both of them. I am sure the boys are going to be very happy and appreciative of this kind gesture.

I had a very good lunch outside. The temperature is pleasant to seat outside.
Seating outside helps stretching my eyes and feeling well.

Simona called me I was at lunch to let me know she is doing fine.

She was about to attend a seminar.

I told her about the gift card.




my lunch:  Tilapia, tostadas, salad and kiwi


I called my mom in Italy. She is doing well. At the phone she was cheerful and appreciative.
She was talking about the situation of the retirement system in Italy, about the immigrant people and about some other amusing facts about the current life in Italy.






Sincerely
Giuseppe

No comments:

Post a Comment