Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Tuesday March 15 2016


Yesterday after my therapy  I went to the gym as every Monday in the recent times.


  I had Yoga with Lilli and then cycle with Lolita. I was working so  hard on my cycle that I lost track of time and Kyle had to come into the gym to get me out.


Otherwise I would have gladly stayed for longer time.

 Kyle told me I was in the zone and it is fine, I am  being happy to work hard over there.


Last night I had a tough time sleeping. I had cough and chest congestion.

I called nursing and Rudy came to provide me with relieve  medication.

Right now I am taking care of my cough by having a lot PRN (Pro Re Nata) meds.

At the clinic Melissa is taking care of my meds.

Both my cough and congestion is getting better though.

It is something that is going around it takes a few days to get through it.

This morning I had among other things a really good cappuccino with Simona's frother.

 I am using it to foam the milk as by airing it it grows in volume.


Beautiful flowers at the apartment makes for a beautiful day.




At home Anna is taking care of the house.
She was going to make a crostatata for our kids this morning to give Simona a break from her hard and constant work with the kids.

The aspect I am struggling to with is the transportation experience. 

Some how I feel constricted.
I have been told if you want something ask the driver.

In return I am telling you in a plane for some comfort you don't bug the pilot with it.

It is expected as part of the trip. 

In case there is a push bottom  to call for somebody. 

You see flight is a very easy experience once you have  an hold on it.

Perhaps there are no patients that have taken any plane before.

The difficult matter for you is that I took many planes before.

Some were crowed and in no frill style as with the Southwest Company


The service was reduced down to the bone. 

It is the whole approach of the company to make flights as close as taking a bus line.

Other times I flew higher in the sky. I flew Economy Class with United.
It is a comfortable way to flight for business purpose. Not as expensive as Business Class.

Anyway I used to flight a lot.
Right now I am not flying any longer.

I am stuck, I am grounded, my life has been frozen for the past several years

I have been struggling a lot with being grounded in Bakersfield.

Well, right now my house is in Bakersfield as I am recovery from a brain injury, as every single moment of the day I am reminded of.

I guess the worse or best  part of having had a TBI is that your are reminded every single split second of your life about it. Remember I am not any longer a  normal person as I  have had a TBI. 

I am not entitled any longer for being treated as a normal person.

I wonder what the modern medicine would say on the related subject of cancer.

Let's pretend I  had  a form of cancer.

 Let's pretend as part of the therapy I was reminded every single second of my day I had a cancer.

Questions for you: is the cancer going to return because you keep reminding me of this matter? 

This analogy illustrates how big the chip on my shoulder has become with time.

At time its weight is crushing me and the news is that it will not be going away ever.
Ever can be quantified in years as it has been already 4 years I have been a patient of CNS.

I feel I have been affected  for ever. You might correctly say that is has  my TBI got into a chronic stage.

It is a good job indeed, I will not be able to be myself or allowed to be myself again.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had a quick lunch indeed: a salad, left over of my pork tenderloin an apple.

It is all good.  I am working though all the left over food while it is still good.
Before getting to the latest food I am working through what I have at the apartment.

I had my lunch inside as I am still coughing  so I am protecting my recovery

I called Simona during my lunch break, she did not pick up the  phone.

 This means she  is busy, rightly so, she has a lot on her shoulders: the house, the kids, the Insurance, her job at Caltech.

So much to do a so little time for doing everything.

 I know that quite often she wakes up very early in the morning while she goes to bed at time very very  late.

Lucky right now Anna is here to help her, by following the kids's homework, and the needs of the house. Above all by taking control of the kitchen activities, of the food supply and whatever is needed to run  smoothly the household.

Simona is letting Anna driving the house so that she can better focus on her other professional needs.
Well such has been life for the some of us.

 Such has been life for Simona and our kids for the past four years.

Simona is often reminding me that her mom came here already several time to help her with the boys. 

Anna is a real generous person, she has taught her daughter Simona very well. She led her with a crisp and exemplary behaviour. 
Whenever they are in US together they make a formidable asset for the family.

As Simona mentioned Anna's help is a welcome relieve for our family.
Simona is used to have her own independence whenever she is alone in the US.

Right now she is accepting to restrict her independence in order to reduce the work load on her shoulder.


By the way an interesting news worth reading is found at the following link

It is about a multimegapixel camera platform that runs at 60fps.

A quite unprecedented figure.


Offering a camera with an advanced sensor performance is a key technology step to take.
It allows customers to adopt the product, to experiment with it, and provide feedback directly to the manufacturer. 
It is a good policy and a good approach finalized to the refinement of a high performance product.

In my professional experience this is the right approach to take.



Sincerely
Giuseppe










No comments:

Post a Comment