Monday, August 17, 2015

Monday August 17


My breakfast  this morning (peanut butter rather than butter)

By the way I have been scrambling hard to get this few items  together... I am left with very little but tonight I will be going to grocery shopping at 6:30pm


This morning I left soaking the bean for the bean soup.
they are soaking at the  apartment 623 and will be ready this afternoon for making a soup.


I was at home La Canada with my family over the weekend.


Yesterday before coming to Bakersfield we  had a good gelato at the gelato shop Grom in Hollywood.

This is Lapo, enjoying his Milk Shake.

She is Simona the head of the house hold since I got injured 4 years ago.

Wise choice mon amour a good gelato with panna.


This is me with my Caltech shirt and my son Chicco. 
Over the weekend he turned 10 years old (more in the following)


Again myself and my wife Simona


For lunch we had a great pesto with gamberi (shrimp). 
Chicco is having a great day eating his spaghetti.


While pasta was cooking Lapo took the time to play with his favorite toy of the day.

Before lunch we all  went to church at S. Bede. The local catholic church in La Canada.

The boys had their free doughnut as a side treat for coming to church with us.

"Whoever eats my flesh and drinks  my blood remains in me and I in him" says the Lord.


"Open your hear and surrender to Jesus.
It means a total surrender in God."

This is my boys' dreamland.
It is their room where they keep part of their toys.




In the morning the boys liked to play with more Lego. Chicco was helping as usual Lapo.

Chicco is very patient with Lapo. Marina calls Lapo Terremoto (Earthquake)


When they are not playing with their Lego they are busy with their electronic devices.



This is Chicco's Birthday cake.
He turned 10 years old last Saturday.

Simona's dress is from Italy as well as her necklace.

My stomach is locally produced.





Chicco got many nice presents.

With Simona he agreed  on a very useful present. 

He is going to  set aside some money so that  he can go on a school field trip to Philadelphia.

From Bob, Ra and Luca he got an Amazon gift card.
Stefano, Jane, Dario and Renzo came with us as well.

Ali came with his son Kevon. Ali is now coaching Lapo during his soccer practice.


Chicco got from Simona a Chromebook computer for school.

Also he received a game called Ticket to Ride Europe. A ball to play soccer.

Anna sent him a Lego Ender Dragon From Minecraft.


In the morning the boys were ready for the Chicco's birthday and while watching TV they were recharging for the day.


Our eldest son Chicco is a black belt of Teakwon-do per the certificate below.



Our youngest Lapo is senior brown.

You see Lapo is so busy in life and always so busy searching for his lego.


the boys playing together


Chicco showing off his latest Lego.


Chicco building the toys shown above.


And about me?

I did my best to prepare a happy birthday card for Chicco at the left hand side.
I prepared a letter for Chicco. Block letters and English as usual.
For Lapo I make a drawing of a little car.



For Simona a Ferragosto Rose. 


In Italy August the 15th is called Ferragosto.
It marks the last big holiday of the summer. After Ferragosto the normal activities of the year resume.

While at home on Saturday I went with Simona to Costco to buy a lot of goodies for the house. This is located to Alhambra.

Simona goes there once a month to buy things for the house.

She got some needed supplies, some good food for the parties.  I got myself a few items I needed for Personal Shopping.


Later after Costo we went to Whole Foods in La Canada  to get the birth cake for Chicco.

Last Friday I prepare myself by cleaning the whole apartment, changing my bed and doing the usual housework for the weekend so that it was left in good order.
Enjoy the reading.
Sincerely
Giuseppe



No comments:

Post a Comment