Friday, February 26, 2016

Friday February 26 2016

Yesterday evening I returned home at the apartment after therapy.
I checked my food and found that the chicken brest was due to be used within the next couple of days. I decided to cook it.

I have been using my  food while it is within its expiration range. I like to keep my food fresh,  healthy  and under control.

As usual I seared the chicken breast in  the nonstick pan.


Using Coconut Oil I prepared the cooking  pans for the oven.
I dressed the chicken with the following spices: salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano.

The chicken cooked for about 40 minutes in the oven at 350F. Toward the end I set the grill to Low setting to brown the chicken at the top.


 I checked it was cooked all the way trough its thickness. And in fact it was well done. It was ready for dinner.



As a side I prepared a healthy Arugula Salad with carrot, cherry tomatoes, and Olive.

I dressed with Olive Oil and  Balsamic vinegar. This  is my preferred home made dressing.
I do not use any other dressing purchased at the store.


I had dinner and  later It was then my time to go to the gym.
I always have my dinner before going to the gym. 

It was my day for doing Zumba with Mike. It is an aerobic exercise at the bit of the music.

I enjoyed it very much.

After Zumba I had cycle with Tiffany. The usual full extension of my legs. 

At the gym Tiffany was motivating the whole class by saying "Stay focused on your effort, feel the beat and reflect on today's' effort. At the end she recommended us to thing about what we did while there, what we can do better the next time around."

I did not feel taking any picture of the instructor in front of all the class.

Post gym I was feeling very well


Meanwhile Simona was having a work dinner at Caltech. 
The restaurant over there is called The Ateneum 
It is a very nice place as you can see from the link above.

The kids are fine and attended Taekwondo practice.

When I came back at the apartment our eldest Chicco was reading a book while our youngest Lapo was playing.


This morning I woke up early and had a nice stroll in the nearby park.




Chicco was up and getting ready for his day. Both Simona and Lapo were still sleeping.

I went around the apartment to snapped beautiful pictures of interesting flowers.

Flowers next to the Swain Center.





Daisies near the apartments





Southern California is blessed for having such a great  weather.

I had  a good breakfast.

Milk, granola, yogurt, Oatmeal and a coffee.
Good for the morning.

My brother Francesco called me from Italy.

He is doing well. Always busy with his work.

The company he is working with opened a showroom at about 40 minutes drive from Verona our hometown. Right now in this place there are a few more people working. He is the most mobile of all as he needs a computer and an internet connection to do his work.


I had a really rewarding lunch. 

Today I had a  very yummy wrap and a couple of fruits. I passed on the cupcake.. easy for me.



I made the mistake of eating the Doritos chips

Note to self,, stay away from the chips from now on..
It left a very nasty aftertaste in my mount. Even after washing my mount once, drinking milk, washing my mount twice.. Really a nasty concussion based on the reaction of the papillary glands of my tongue. 



I had lunch outside under the patio. The weather is very conducive toward staying outside during this time of the year.
I called my  mom Marta in Italy. She is well. She mentioned she had an artichoke, cheese, nuts. As fruit she had strawberry and  a banana.  She is doing her very best. Keeping herself busy with many cultural activities at her best.

during lunch I also called home where our sons where home for lunch. Today they have collaboration day at school. It means that once in a month they both come back home for lunch.
They were both busy with their electronic activities.
The boys are always 
Enjoy the reading.

My plan for the next few days are the following ones.

Later tonight I am going to the gym as I have Zumba with Carolyn.
I am going to meet the usual familiar faces. Lee, Rachael, Lisa and a few others.
The weekend is going to be spent in the following activities:
cleaning the apartment early in the morning. At 10:30am Grocery Shopping at Trader  Joe's. 

The goal is to get as close as possible to the budget of $75. I will get a new supply of stickers and have a good time.

In the afternoon I would like to go to catch a movie
Based on the review it might 
Enjoy the reading..
Sincerely
Giuseppe





No comments:

Post a Comment