Thursday, February 18, 2016

Thursday Feb 18 2016

You know my shunt is not the imagination of my frontal lobe.

I can feel it running on the top side of the right part of the brain. I can also touch the plastic tubes going from my brain around the right hear and down into my neck..


It is supposed to discharge the extra  fluid generated from my brain  into my  stomach cavity and to keep the brain pressure under control. This is a sophisticated valves to release the excess brain pressure of  the spinal fluid build up.





I believe it maintains the brain pressure constant. It works like a release pressure valve.


So please when you tell me it is nothing or just a head hack please be informed I am rather well informed on what I am talking about.

I am not a neurosurgeon nor a brain doctor, yet I like to  inform you that certain information and correlation do not escape my attention.


When I am telling you my shunt hurts it is because it does hurts.

Particularly when I am telling Melissa M. the nurse I can feel my shunt hurting, I would appreciate not being told a fable story like the other days.

It is perhaps this matter not relevant to CNS, since Melissa is clearly not taking serious my concern.. question mark.

I would appreciate  your medical personnel to  learn to get a better exchange of information with me under any case.

It is called  customer service, in my opinion this is what I am here to receive a good customer  and health service...


Yesterday I went to have a hair cut at Supercut. It costed $16 plus I left 20% for tip as it is customary in US whenever you receive a server.


I had the time to write a letter my mother in Italy. I added a post card of Cedar Lake  I purchased at Big Bear Lake. I

And of course I wrote her in Italian.



I cooked my dinner. Chicken breast following Alex's receipt.
First I have seared in a pan, then I cooked it in  the oven.


I cooked as well zucchini squash in the oven. This time I  dressed it with bread crumbs, olive oil and spices.

By the way no movie this weekend as I will be  going for  a visit to my  house in La Canada.

This is where I used to leave before my injury. It has been several years I have been out absent from home. Yet I keep considering it my home. 


Yesterday evening I had a hair cut at Great Clips.

Every three months I  am having a good cut. I like to keep my hair short. It is more practical with all the showers I am taking during my day.


This is me before



This is me after



Feeling rather well groomed, as you can see I am looking good with this hair cut.

This morning the usual routine.
Getting my morning meds.

 A good breakfast made of the usual healthy food: 
a couple of  bananas, blueberries, Trek Mix Granola  cereal, milk, Organic Multi grain Hot Cereal.
A total of about 1000 calories.

I walked in the park, breathed the  clean morning air.  



Talked to my family. As usual the kids were going to school.

Lunch is next, it is getting a hot place

I had lunch outside as I like.
It helps stretching my eyes, it is quite an relaxing beside it is outside.




I had a small chicken, zucchini squash and kiwis.

A little bread.

I have quite some left over chicken.

 I do not have any concern about my judgement or capabilities in preparing my food.

I  have good solid judgement, escape from bad and/or unhealthy greasy food.
I do not drink any soft drink, nor orange juice. I normally stay light on the carbs.
I stay away from pork or beef meat. 
I am heavy on the vegetable (good source of carbs), I like fresh salads with fresh veggy.
I am going to reuse the left over chicken in a chicken salad. A good source of carbs and protein.
I am working hard in loosing weight. Last week my weight was 178lb.

I am compiling the survey for USARC





No comments:

Post a Comment