Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Wednesday Feb 17 2016



Over the weekend I went skiing at Big Bear Mountain Resort.

I stayed at the Robin Hood Hotel. Room 54. I very neat and comfortable room.




For dinner I had some healthy food. A guacamole steak taco salad.






I had a very good time being on the slope.

Like last year Spider was assigned to work with me. 

He is the person standing on my right hand side.


He is a voluntary with USARC




The skying resort   had a lot of snow. 

Here is a view of the big bear snow condition. Quite good for this year.





I skied the whole day. I used many times the sun block I brought with me. This year no arm.


I  snapped several pictures.



Early in the morning when the snow was crispy from the night before.

I  had a lunch break.  An easy Sandwitch no mayo no mustard.






After lunch I skied as well, the snow was getting slushy so it was more difficult to maintain my balance. My legs were getting tired yet I did my very best over there.




This is a beautiful view of the resort.




I enjoyed the open view of the space. The  contact with the person that can control themselves,  that can understand when it is time to stop. 

It is all part of the executive part of the frontal lobes. People with different type of TBI do react in different way depending on their impairment.

Over there there were no people screaming nor people using  the usual bad Spanish words (insult) as you often hear at CNS. Unfortunately for you I do understand their insults. 

Anyway it was a good and refreshing break for me. 

Over there I shunt did hurt a bit, I have been told this  was due to the difference in pressure.

At some point during my staying I had a good food

As an entree I had scampi with Celery and a red sauce



As an entree I had a burger.



This is me enjoying my food.



At the resort I purchased some simple souvenir for my boys.

A couple of magnets for the fridge at home. A post card for my family back in Italy.



It all costed $9.1 


To reach the resort we drove by Tehachapi.
It is full of windmills

We also saw California poppy seeds along the way. They are protected flowers in California.


Last Sunday I went to the gym I weighted myself 178.2lb


At the gym I did 3.1  miles at level 7 in 40 minutes.

Stepper is good for my balance and for my recovery process.


Spyder recommended to work on my legs one at the time, using easy  weight to build leg's endurance and strength.


Flowers are  really beautiful. How to pass along and ignore?



The roses are really nice isn't it?



Today it is my day for receipt as part of the money management.


During the weekend I will be going home 
Simona is coming to pick me up after lunch since the boys are going to have soccer practice.

Enjoy your reading.
Sincerely
Giuseppe


1 comment:

  1. Giuseppe che bella gita! Bellissimo il luogo e ottima la cucina! Molto bene un caro saluto Giulia

    ReplyDelete