Monday, September 12, 2016

Monday Sept 12

Lets' review as always the activities for the past weekend.
Here are the salients facts.

Obviously I like the gym. Last Friday I  enjoyed  Zumba at the 24 fitness club on Gosford.
Caroline the teacher is at my right and  and   Salve at my left.

Caroline is always courteous to stop and snap a picture with me.
She is normally checking the picture and  approves it.

When she does  not like it she let me know and we delete it from my phone.

The picture I take are then texted to both  Caroline and Salve.


I then add it to Facebook. She likes to make sure that it is approved whatever goes on the public domain.

As a matter of fact I enjoy the gym very much.
I  am there as much as I can than means every day of the week.

As always I spent my Saturday morning doing my  cleaning routine activities of the weekend

Washing all my apartment items: bed sheet,  towels and  bathrobe. Also all my sport attire

Matching the endless number of socks I have. 

My Saturday morning is normally spent  in doing some extra cleaning.

I am doing my own cleaning on a regular basis yet on Saturday I take care of big ticket items. 

For instance cleaning carefully the  whole apartment 

I cleaned  the bathroom, Also the bathroom carpet had been washed in the washing machine.


I  carefully swept the living room, afterward I washed it with the swifter.



I took the opportunity for washing  the plastic  ivy plant as it was very dusty.
It is made of 100% plastic so it is OK.

I put it under the running water.


As always I went to do grocery shopping at Trader Joe's at 10:30 am.

I really made an effort to control my buying habit.
I checked my supply of food and made an accurate list.

My total was $84.05 better than usual. As the insurance gives me $75.

Thus far the extra amount has come from my wife Simona and the Personal money I have at the apartment.

After shopping at Trader Joe's 
Jamie is always available to stop by and to snap a picture with me.



She mentioned that her daughter Logan enjoyed  their day at Disneyland.
She also told me the park was packed on that day.

Josh showed me the picture of his baby girl.
He is a proud father of a little girl.

At the store I am a very popular person, I like to get the human contact with the people working over there. 
As I am bringing back my recyclable bags I have a ticket for the raffle. It is Simona's name and number that I put. I also get a new supply of stickers that I normally bring at the kids of the Homes of Hope. They enjoy it. I know they cherish the moment. They right away get on the stickers. They play with it.

When I came back to the apartment I  labelled all the produce. I put in the fridge the ones that needed to get in the fridge and left a few fresh vegetables outside on the top of  the counter.
They are tasting better in that way. Of course I have my eyes on their status to make sure they stay well were they are.

In the evening I went to see a nice movie.

A true story happened in NY state

It is the story of a brave airplane captain and of its crew.

The captain's name is Sully and it is played by Tom Hanks

It is the story of an emergency landing on the Huston river.

After taking off from JFK the plane strikes a flock of geese and looses both engines.

The plane  makes an emergency water landing   in the Hudson river. The incredible successful story is that they all survived.   Nobody sustained  any injuries.

I liked the plot and the story line. 
It is truly  the Miracle of the Hudson movie.

In the movie  Sully suffers of PTSD  (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder). 

He  has some trouble  rebuilding himself.

At the end of the movie they showed the real persons involved with the plane.


On Sunday morning I went to church at the S.Philippe the Apostle church in town.

At church the second reading was the parable of the prodigal son.
A forgiving father celebrates the return of his prodigal son.
 The message is that God answers  the prayers of the humble.

At church it was conveyed that  the message of this reading  is the one of reconciliation.


The new pastor introduced himself after the celebration was over.

He is father Salvatore Gonzales

You can see him at my far left with  a white vest.

He served at the Fresno dioceses before coming to Bakersfield.

As it was Sept the 11 recurrence I thought it was good to give some extra money to charity at church. It is a small gesture that made me feel well.

After church I had a great  lunch

Rice, Salad a and brown bread.

Afterward I went to the gym
Jose took me to the 24 fitness gym.

On Sunday I typically  I work on my own program

I do a lot of stepper work because it makes  me walking better.

I did a lot of abdominal and legs.

I also focused on my upper torso: chest press and shoulder press.

I learnt that my body responds well when I do a lot of repetition and stay light.




At the gym I greeted Leon and his wife Suzy. 
I shared with them the fact that I noticed it was the recurrence of September the 11th.
Suzy smiled and said: don't get stuck in the past.. 
A good advice to remember for the future.

On Sept 11  I also check my weight at my apartment's.
It is 176 lb steadily getting there. I feel well. I am gaining some muscle right now.



At 4pm it was time for me to leave the gym. I called the apartment and let them know I was coming back by myself. They agreed. It took me about 30 minutes to walk back from the gym by myself.

Of course once back at the apartment I signed back in  

After my gym I had a protein shake as always. It is better this way rather than having something  heavy  to eat again.

Simona  and the kids are well.
She took the kids to school this morning.
At Caltech University she is working hard.
Today she gave a four hours long qualifying exam to a student.
She is always working hard.




I like the park, the peaceful time and the fresh hair.

No bad hair, no people that smoke next to me like this morning.


I know exactly his name but CNS preference is that his right of privacy prevails over my right of being in a smoke free environment.
Hence I am complying. Are you complying as well by making sure the smokers are segregated.

No comments:

Post a Comment