Thursday, January 22, 2015

Post lunch recipe Thursday January 22

Already,
I had a good lunch today. Chicken thighs with Tostadas and staffed mushroom, avocado and carrot.
The staffed mushrooms are a recipe by Ana my mother in law.


I just spoke with Anna today. She mentioned that my wife's day started with our kiddos bringing her a nice  bouquet of flowers for her Birthday.

Yes today it is Your Birthday Simona.. YOU ARE THE BEST OF THE BEST..

Anna has come from Rome to stay with the family for another couple of months. Our kiddos are very happy to have Anna around as she is taking really good care of the whole family.
I am sure that Simona my wife will have to travel a bit while Anna is here.

Anna is really helpful around the house. She is always preparing some delicious meal for our kids.
We were talking today about her latest creation: risotto with Zucchini.

The recipe is quite straightforward:

1) Cut the Zucchini into medium size.
2) Add it in a pot with some seasoning and water.
3) The water level depends on how much you prefer the zucchini to stay firm rather than becoming mushy
4) once the Zucchini is half cooked ( be careful not to over cook it)  add the rice.  White Basmati rice is fine as Arboreo rice is harder to find.
5) cook for 30-40 minutes
6) add  grated Parmesan cheese... our kiddos love Parmesan cheese. Particularly Lapo our youngest is found of Parmesan cheese.

Enjoy while hot.

Anna mentioned that our kiddos love her latest creation.
I believe our kiddos are gaining weight while Anna is staying with us.
Anna is staying with us until the Ides of March (the beginning of March)

Historically the Ides of March mark the assassination of Caesar Augustus  and the end of the Roman Republic. In this painting Caesar is seen defending himself from the assassination action in the Roman Senate. As some point he sees his adopted son Brute.
Once he sees him he let everything go and he let the conspirators to kill him.


He dies by saying in Latin the famous words "Tu quoque Brute filii mi!"

I personally like this sentence and used in the context of including somebody in the mix by expressing a sense of unexpected participation.


Let's switch gear.
Today as I am coming back home I will make sure I have something good prepared for tomorrow lunch. I have already provided my grocery list yesterday so I will make sure that I do not need to make a new one. Yesterday I have been told that I do not have to make a new one.
Afterward I will be going to the gym to do Zumba.. The gym is my second home to be..,,

I love you Simona... you know that we are always together..Celebrate yourself today ..

I know your are waiting for me for Saturday.

Baci

Giuseppe





No comments:

Post a Comment