Friday, May 8, 2015

Lunch May 8 post lunch

lunch for Friday May 8..

A good lunch under the patio.
I got a bread and a watermelon slice from CNS.

The chicken thighs and salad where for me. Underneath the water melon is my  fruit salad.
The chicken thighs were cut into pieces and them rolled in bread crumble.
I prepared the salad with cucumber, tomatoes, spinach, avocado and Chia seeds.
I have been dressing it with olive oil, vinegar and salt.


As usual Lapo was at home eating with Anna. Today She prepared him Pasta with Salmon.

When I called home Lapo had just arrived so we chatted a bit and he went off to have his lunch. So I switched to Anna my my wonderful mother in law and greeted her a good day. Lapo had pasta with Salmon that was waiting for him. The boys are always eating well with Anna.

 She is a real creative person with them and she makes sure that they are followed with their homework at home. You see the school system in US assumes that at least an adult person is helping the kiddos with their research projects. So Anna is making sure our kiddos have the supervision they are supposed to have at home. My wife Simona can focus her energy on her demanding job at Caltech and she coordinates the daily activities of the days with her mom Anna.



Anna mentioned that she saw my posting about the rice frittata (tortino) I prepared yesterday. She mentioned this  is a wonderful way to use any  left over  pasta or rice.

I mentioned her that I did not dare to flip the  whole tortino in the pan for fear of cleaning the floor with it...

Anna suggested that a good idea is to cut the tortino into four quarters and then to flip one quarter at the time using a tool. It is a great idea that I will be using as soon as possible.

Anna confirmed that making the tortino is a good idea to use any leftover pasta or rice..
Well one more recipe to use into my recipe toolbox.


Riddle of the day

Q: Paul's height is six feet, he is an assistant in a butcher shop. He wears a size 9 shoe. What does he weigh?

A: he weigh meat

I am staying more and more in the moment as we learnt with Matt in Mediation, by focusing more and more on your own activities and take the time to breath in between everything is getting better.

I have enjoyed every single moment of my day today.
Thank you guys.
Sincerely
Giuseppe



No comments:

Post a Comment