Thursday, April 3, 2014

Thursday April 3 2014

Alright
I am working on my blog, to summarize my conversation with Sarah Harrington Gutierrez my awesome Case Manager. Ian her son is better, she had a family emergency yesterday but today she told me everything is OK. Sarah has been my case manager for the past 3 years since basically I had my stroke this is why I am here in Bakersfield.

Well Sarah is working hard for my recovery and she is very open with me and she is always telling me things without sugar coating to me. So I trust her entirely. For the past 3 years both Sarah and  Simona my wife  have been my biggest supporters

During my meeting with her Sarah mentioned:

 1) my CR therapy corresponds to my PT, CR does  for the mind  what  PT does for my body
 2) I need to work harder on my CR task to reach 100% and maximize my therapy time while at CNS
3) I need to be open to working with Zeina Bethany Michellle and  Erika focusing 100% on my CR task
 4) repetition is key!  Sarah mentioned ' s sounding like a  commercial of fancy sport shoes' "JUST DO IT!" 5)  Cognition is key for  memory processing speed

6) we  should seat down once a month to with my CR therapists to summarize my progress in these areas

You see Sarah is working hard to make my experience here at CNS the best possible. I need to improve my trust on all the therapists.

For instance she used the term  " Neuroplasticity "  Well in simple terms it means that the brain is a live organ that is adapting his resources to new tasks by replacing the lost functionality following a brain injury

Neurons that fire together wire together while neurons that fire apart wire apart

I have to add a piece of my own thought here
In life you have to trust yourself, as you trust yourself you also have to trust others that are working with you. Whenever there is a change of plan, well the key is to step back look at the whole situation, regroup and rethink what the next step is going to be like. So I value very much Sarah's input and overall

Thank you for reading
Giuseppe

No comments:

Post a Comment