Monday, April 6, 2015

Monday April 6 2015

Riddle of the day:

Q: How many second in a year?

my first answer is 60*60*24*365 = 31,536,000  However ..

A: there are 12 seconds in a year (January 2nd, February 2nd..


Today Simona is busy at the University the whole day, she called me this morning to confirm that she is going to be working hard hence I should not call her during lunch break,

Over the weekend
Simona and my kiddos came to visit me at the apartment.

I had prepared for a letter for my boys: in English and block letter. Then for Lapo the little one I had prepared a drawing with a Easter Bunny. I like to make simple things for them. It helps me feeling connected.


I also add for the boys three brand new quarters shining: so I asked Simona if it was OK for me to give it to them: she assented so I gave it to them for good luck.

I normally do not give any money to my sons, it is an understanding that we have with Simona. On Easter it was the exception to the rule.

For lunch we went to eat at Outback. Lapo liked his Grilled Cheese Sandwich.








Chicco had a good time




I had a steak with very good broccoli.. a salad and a good appetizer.
The broccoli were really good and very tasty. It was cooked in the right way.. So I learned that it is fully feasible to cook it without  overdoing it.


Our kids enjoyed their Easter Treats. It is customary to exchange Chocolate Eggs.

So they both enjoyed opening their Easter Eggs,





Afterward we had time to get  ice cream at the market place.

We kidded around making bunny ears to each other. So we had all good time.



Anna was with us as well, she is shown on the far right hand side of this picture.
Anna is Simona's mom and our sons love her very much.




In mid April, Simona has been invited to attend a workshop  at Yale for a couple of days. Her mom Anna came from Italy to take care of our kiddos while she will be away.  



After all those activities it was time for me to go to Church and for Simona and the boys to drive back to La Canada.

However as we reach the church with Cristina we realized there was no evening Mass last Sunday


We came back to the apartment and I read a book I purchased at church one of the past Sundays.



On Saturday I had a busy day: I took care of the apartment washing all my clothes and cleaning my bed. Afterward I went to  Trader Joe's to do my grocery shopping...
This is my favorite place to shop:


This is Cloy



This is Denise



They are all used to see me and to stop for me to take a picture.

At Trader Joe's I followed my list and maintained my  total cost at $86.00

Of course I got stickers as I like to have something to bring to Amanda in exchange of her courtesy to me.
As I brought back the reusable bags I was given a raffle ticket and I added   Simona's name and her phone number as usual.

On Saturday evening I went to the movie:
I caught the Fast and Furious 7.
I have to say I enjoyed  the coke and the ice cream more than the movie in itself.
It is the last installment of the series as one of the leading actors was killed during the making of the movie. So apparently the series  ends at the number 7.



I forgot to mention that my Sister Isabella was in Spain: here is the view of the beach

This is my sister's long time companion with his twin brother


On the right hand side my sister with a friend of her.


Enjoy the reading.
Thanks
Giuseppe


No comments:

Post a Comment