Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Wednesday April 15

Today it is Tax day!
We have already done, Simona took care of it and so she could leave today to go to Yale University on the East Coast. She is attending a  a workshop. This is a view of the campus over there.
It is a traditional East Coast university part of the Ivy league University. Simona is a professor at Caltech University in Pasadena.

This is a view of Yale Campus


This is Yale's motto (Lux et Veritas). This is Latin it means lights and truth.


Originally when I landed in US I started doing my post doc at Princeton University and then completed it at Cornell University. They are both part of the Ivy league.




At home our kiddos are taken care by Anna, Simona's mom. Our kids are shuttled back and forth  their activities by either Marina or our local neighbors in La Canada. Everybody is well and well  acquainted on these activities.

Yesterday I went to the 24 fitness gym, I did strength training with Ellie. She is the person at my left hand side.




  Michael K. took me to the 24 fitness gym. It is my PT time over there. I typically going to the gym  by myself everyday of the week except for Saturday (movie) and Sunday (church). On Sunday I  have started going to the gym as well early in the afternoon to do some strength training before going to church.

After the gym I came back at the apartment, got an evening shower and  a snack: a wonderful Piadina.


It is composed by toasted flat bread filled with seasoned green beans. I boiled the green beans ahead.. I like to have  a healthy snack after my workout.. it makes me sleeping well during the night.


At the gym I met many people I know and I trust. Maria greeted me and then Jenna spent some time with me. Jenna told me she is expecting another baby. I remember her being pregnant a couple of years back. Well time goes fast once you are busy...I am very happy for her and her family.

This morning I was supposed to go to dr. Madrilejo  but I found out that my appointment had been rescheduled by delaying it by a week. It is now set for April 23. Over there I needed to get the results for my igf1 factor analysis. My blood drawn was done a few days ago.

I am anyway going to see him again in October again..and then it is going to be done.

I am sure that there is a delay for the blood work. Everything is under control anyway.

Let's go back to this morning healthy meal.
My breakfast has been as delicious as usual: Blueberry in Blueberry flakes with milk. Also blueberry Kefir. Coffee as well but it was not part of the picture today.
I am really heavy on blueberry as I believe it helps my brain and my eyes to keep up with the light.



At the apartment everything is fine,except the paper dispenser in my bathroom is jammed again. 
James mentioned it is a good idea to stop jamming  it with beer cans.

It is just a joke, he knows I would never use a can on the paper dispenser. Only glass bottles... :)

Enjoy the reading...

Sincerely
Giuseppe



No comments:

Post a Comment