Monday, March 30, 2015

Monday March 30 2015

Last Friday as usual I went to the gym to have Zumba with Honey here picture with the pink shirt at my left hand side.

Michael was gratuitous to provide the coverage for me at the gym.


this is Jared at the gym


Afterward we came back to the apartment.

On Saturday I have received my Economist .. smart people tends to read smart magazines...

On Saturday morning I took care of cleaning the whole apartment, changing the bedding and washing around kitchen, bathroom. I have been dusting everything as dust accumulates around.


I have been also vacuum cleaning and washing everything.

I then went to do Grocery Shopping at Trader Joe's 




As usual I had a lot of fun.
This is Cloy 



This is Ashley


This is the bunny beer they have been preparing for Easter.

Obviously not for me...but good for a picture.



I brought the reusable bags back  so I had a ticket for the raffle.

Finally I also had stickers to distribute around.

Overall I spent $84.53  I did my best to limit my spending spree.

I then made  a home pizza: I have been using the pizza dough I had,then added the grilled eggplant I had prepared earlier.
I used the pizza sauce I purchased at the grocery store.


The pizza stone this time was really hot when I added the pizza on it. It cooked 15 minutes and then it lifted off really well. I used the peeler showed in the picture above..
A perfect pizza.. Thank you Bob and Simona for helping me achieving this milestone.

Later during the day Simona came by with our kids. She also came with our new car.
It is a brand new Honda CRV as the previous Honda broke down after 350,000 miles.


Stefano is a professor at UCLA and a very good friend, he is always available to help us.




After the miovie we went to California Pizza Kitchen.

Our kids got a tasty dinner (Pasta)



I had a good Salmon fish, with a Quinoa Salad with Corn and spinach.



At home Anna my mother in law was staying back as she was arrived from Italy from a few days.
She is going tom stay with us for the next couple of months.

She is taking care of the family and Simona is able to travel. She is going to attend a workshop at Yale. She has been invited to be there at  the mid of February.

My wife Simona is a Assistant Professor of Environmental  Science and Engineering at Caltech University. She has a very good job and she has to attend many conferences and many workshops in order to keep her star shining in the sky.

She does everything with a lot of grace and a lot of good will.

They all left on Saturday evening off to go back to La Canada, a couple of hours away from Bakersfield.
 On Sunday  then she took our kiddos to swimming lesson.

As I was at the apartment I took the opportunity to write a Easter wish letter to my mom back in Italy.





On Sunday  I also went to the gym to do some strengthening: ;leg, abdominal, some walking for long stride..
It was a quite day to go to the gym.. I have enjoyed myself.


I then went back to the apartment to get ready for my day. 
Shower, Meds, early dinner and church as it was Palm Sunday.

Mark drove us to church and then later back from the apartment.



Enjoy the reading .. sincerely
Giuseppe



No comments:

Post a Comment