Tuesday, July 28, 2015

A good lunch under the patio

A good lunch under the patio together with Jolanta.

I had a cold past salad, a salad with corn a couple of Kiwis and some crackers.




Jolanta gave me a few house maintenance tips: she recommended to use  clear vinegar as a cleaning detergent for my apartment.  She mentioned I can be using it on furniture and inside the fridge.

Because vinegar is an acidic agent,  it should not get in contact with any shone that contain Calcium.
Otherwise it will  stain it.


Anyway during lunch, Simona called me to let me know the whole family was back home in California.

The boys were still awaken and excited by their trip, the most recent trip was in the Italian Alps to visit Paola. Paola is Simona's  youngest cousin.

Paola  has two kids: Joi (for Joannes) and Sebi ( for Sebastian.

Chicco and Lapo are next to Camilla in yellow. Joi and Sebi are behind Camilla.







Simona mentioned that the boys loved eating  the local food

For instance a local specialty is  Speck,  it  is an aged dry ham.



The local bread is also very rich. 
It is a bread made with a lot of fiber.
It is dark in  color.






The bread shown below  is called Shuttelbrod: rye bread crisp.

I remember that when I was going to visit my grandparents in Bolzano it was something I was looking forward together with a good Speak.


The family also enjoyed some good local pastry.
It is called Strudel. My mom in Italy used to make Strudel for us at home.




It was a delicious and healthy cake.
 The filling has apple slices, dry raisin and poppy seeds.


Coming back to me I have been informed by Suzanne that my doctor appointment got  rescheduled. It is now fixed for August the 6th.
I will be leaving at 3pm from AAC.


It is duly noted.
Simona has been informed.

Tomorrow Simona is busy the whole day.
As she is in Rome she has been invited to give a seminar in Frascati.


It is a prestigious lab  for Nuclear physics research.


Mon amour you are a star!
Baci
Giuseppe




No comments:

Post a Comment