Friday, July 31, 2015

Friday July 31 post lunch

Today at CNS I read the newspaper for today,
The international and monetary piece of  news is interesting to me. 

The economy is on its way to recover and in order to avoid a overheating the Fed is considering hiking  interest rates.  

The Fed has kept the interest rate near zero for the past several years.

It has been doing so in order to stimulate the economic growth.

The opportunity of keep  doing so will be re-evaluated in the next Fed meeting.

The other news worth mentioning is that  a piece of a passenger plane lost over the Indian Ocean has been spot and recovered.

It is a  piece of the  wing.



It belongs to the lost Malaysian Airlines fly  MH 370. 

It was carrying 240 passengers when it vanished over the Indian Ocean.

After reading the newspapers I went to fill in my blog about my activities of yesterday.

Finally it was time to get lunch.
As usual  I brought my own food. Although on Friday the CNS provides food, I felt I was going to eat my own food.




A healthy summer rice with red and orange peppers. As a side a good salad with avocado, celery and spinach. Olive oil and vinaigrette dressing. A couple of tostadas to go with it.

Finally a few red delicious cherries.

During lunch Tami snapped this picture of me with Thumb up.
She mentioned that it is a far cooler pose to use for picture. Rather than the used and reused  sign of victory. I will keep in mind her recommendation.



While I was having my lunch I called my mom.
She is currently in our summer house in Fano, Italy.

This is the major pizza in Fano.

This is a view of the Lido. Also known as the beach.


This is  chart of Fano to situate it on a small map.



This is a chart of Italy  with Fano highlighted in Violet.



The family house we have in Fano   belonged to my great grand parents.

 Their names was Giuseppina and Arturo.

It has been with our family for a few generations.

I  have a lot of great memories from my youth. I was going there during a couple of months for my summer vacation. At the time my grand parents where still alive and they were running the house.

There was a big fig tree that used to make a lot of fresh figs.
I remember that when I was coming back from the beach I used to have a snack based on fresh figs.

 They were delicious and sweet. Really healthy.





My mom mentioned that nowadays the fig tree is gone. As the house has been updated the tree was too big and its root were interfering with  the house stability.

At the time it has been decided to cut the fig tree off.

As they say "Ubi major minor cessat"

I am proposing you the pictures of my family.

Chicco will be going to V grade 

Lapo will be going to first grade


Simona my wife is the head of our household.


This is Simona's website at Caltech.

Some luminosity

Enjoy the reading.
Sincerely
Giuseppe


No comments:

Post a Comment