Friday, July 10, 2015

Friday July 10 2015

Yesterday evening I went to the gym. It was my U Jam day with Naomi.
It is a nice cardio exercise



I finally had cycle with Jeannette.



I had fun and a positive experience going over there.

I am trying to keep a good and smiling face in my picture. I apologize in advance if it looks a bit unnatural to you.



I have been having a lot of head aches recently particularly at the location of my shunt.

Hence this morning I went to the  Quest Imaging center In Bakersfield at the San Joaquin Community Hospital  to get a  CAT scan performed to my  brain.

This is the image of the devices used at the Scan Quest Imaging Center.

Belen came with me today to assist me.

The co-pay was ready for me at the reception and it all went smoothly.


I talked to Dr. Helvie today.

He mentioned that it will take a few days -most likely after the weekend- for the brain scan  results to be available.

Dr Helvie is a nice and positive person. He gave me the following recommendations:

- I should stop coffee after 9am
- I should drink a lot of water
- PRN ( Pro Re Nata) Tylenol ir ibuprofen is OK every 4 hours to keep any head ache under control.
- I should keep my mind occupied with positive and meaningful activities.

Meditation is a powerful tools to handle everything.
It gave me the following tips:
10% is what happens and 40% is how we handle it.

Dr Helvie recommended me the following book:
The Wisdom Paradox by dr. Golberg


The Executive Brain by Dr Golberg





No comments:

Post a Comment